Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Carolina Gardening: Hello Again

Communities > Forums > Carolina Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Carolina GardeningReplies: 7, Views: 78
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Entlie
New Bern, NC
(Zone 8a)

July 10, 2010
5:29 AM

Post #7956908

I have been a member of Dave's Garden for several years, but spend about six months each year away on my boat. My gardening has to be strategic, because it has to require little care from November through May, and I try to introduce new plants that don't bloom while I'm gone. Even though I haven't been very active, I am a "lurker" and read the Carolina Forum on a regular basis, even when I'm away if I have access to internet. I feel like I know many of you personally.

This year we have decided to take some time off from the boat and stay home. I am looking forward to a major gardening fix, even though my budget isn't going to allow for any high end upgrades.

Just thought I'd say hi, and that I'm happy to have a little more time in my gardening future.

Entlie
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 12, 2010
12:02 PM

Post #7962922

Entlie, just spending six months on a boat sounds like a dream to me. Where all did you head out to?
StonoRiver
Johns Island, SC

July 12, 2010
7:50 PM

Post #7963973

Hey Entlie! Welcome back!
LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

July 13, 2010
10:45 AM

Post #7965300

Nice to see you back. I check the travel site every so often to see if you are up the coast or down the coast.LOL

Hope to meet you someday since we are so close.

Our boats have not even been in the water this year and I did not do veggie growing for the 1st time ever this year. I went to Paul's in Merrittt and got all my maters.LOL

Good to see you posting.

Lavina

This message was edited Jul 21, 2010 5:56 AM
Entlie
New Bern, NC
(Zone 8a)

July 22, 2010
11:09 AM

Post #7988453

Thanks for the welcome back notes. Just returned from a trip to Illinois where my daughter sent me home with some tall pink phlox, nice Autumn Joy, a Mrs. Moon pulmonaria (mine died), and a terrific sum and substance! All are planted here with a prayer to survive in this hot summer.

Lavina, I would love to get together. Let's plan something!
Stono, so glad we got to see you on our trip home.
Bonjon, we went to the Bahamas and back, about 2,500 statute miles. Glad to be home, but missing boat travel.

Wondering why I am called Entlie? My dog, Toby, is an Entlebucher, the smallest of the Swiss Mountain dog breeds. He has traveled over 1,500 miles with us on the boat

Thumbnail by Entlie
Click the image for an enlarged view.

LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

July 24, 2010
11:06 AM

Post #7993313

And Bonjon if you come to see me, maybe we can both meet her together. I am in Cary right now. Did not call you and Bev as Dean was to sick and we went directly home
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 24, 2010
3:17 PM

Post #7993791

well, I am thinking of coming to see you Lavina. would you believe, I've lost my two little palm trees you gave me?

AS IN, darn, they are in one of these pots somewheres...I think... have about 500 irises in pots at the moment, and some of my perennials and shrubs in pots have the weeds getting out of hand in the pots, too.
Entlie
New Bern, NC
(Zone 8a)

July 27, 2010
5:47 PM

Post #8000948

Would love to see you both. Heading out to Oriental on the boat this weekend, if the weather will stay moderated. Our granddaughter (19) is visiting, and it's been too hot to do anything on the water with her.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carolina Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helllo Snoutherner 16 Apr 13, 2007 8:22 PM
Beautiful day Rosykay 14 Mar 20, 2009 11:32 PM
Flame azalea spartacusaby 20 Jun 21, 2007 4:17 AM
What is it? CarolinaTracer 6 May 5, 2007 1:05 PM
Hardiness success stories Tropicanna 102 Oct 16, 2007 7:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America