Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Cheddar Pinks: sometimes pink, never cheesy!: A question

Communities > Forums > Article: Cheddar Pinks: sometimes pink, never cheesy!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cheddar Pinks: sometimes pink, never cheesy!Replies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Caedi25
Kirkland, WA
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2010
9:28 AM

Post #7957396

Darius,
Love the bluish mat and the upright sassy nature of the pinks bloom, but the three "Star" series plants I put in containers last year (1 plant per 16 inch diameter wooden container, watered weekly, zone 8b western exposure) are pouting this year. Only the Neon Star has offered more than a few blooms, and even it is showing half the bloom of last year. Have I done these lovelies a disservice by planting in containers?

Best, Katy

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2010
2:04 PM

Post #7957935

Katy... I don't really know.

The first Mrs. Bath's pinks I ever owned lived in a clay pot for a year before it got in the ground. I get new ones every time I move, and it seems to me they do better after a year or two, when they really take off.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cheddar Pinks: sometimes pink, never cheesy! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you! doccat5 7 Jul 12, 2010 6:24 AM
'Bath's" Pink and my grandson Kathleen 6 Mar 5, 2008 9:41 PM
Thanks RoseyQ 1 Mar 5, 2008 9:24 PM
I just love the smell of pinks... girlgroupgirl 3 Mar 12, 2008 1:07 AM
First Love Dianthus LeslieT 1 Jul 12, 2010 7:09 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America