Photo by Melody

Carolina Gardening: I went stress buying Saturday.

Communities > Forums > Carolina Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Carolina GardeningReplies: 9, Views: 69
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

July 13, 2010
10:48 AM

Post #7965308

Got 3 Stella Deors or how every you say yellow lillies that bloom from Spring to fall and a big pot of some kinda moss portuc------Yellow
A red rose bush and a unwanted pot of pink with white edges petunias.

Hubby howeled. I gotta get stuff planted.

Lavina
yotedog
Raleigh, NC

July 13, 2010
7:07 PM

Post #7966551

Hey, Lavina--you know the "unwanted" plants always do the best. Its the prized plants that wither and die...always.
LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

July 14, 2010
4:01 AM

Post #7967087

Yote is that King Kong still alive? I hated that thing.

Lavina
tggfisk
Garner, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 14, 2010
11:56 AM

Post #7968222

I have some of those 'unwanted' pink and white petunias blooming themselves silly on the front porch rail. You're right, yote:)

Thumbnail by tggfisk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

July 15, 2010
3:52 AM

Post #7969799

Bev
Did you come down and get my pot this morning? Those are what I have.LOL
Gotta let Bonjon know I saw some beautiful iris's up the road from me in bloom too.
I miss you all will be in Raleigh next week taking my oldest to Radiation treatments, wish I could come see you all.

Lavina
yotedog
Raleigh, NC

July 15, 2010
5:05 PM

Post #7971241

King Kong is long gone, Lavina. Does that make you happy??? Those King Kong's were cool, but not too hardy.

TggFisk--where you been hiding out? Or is it me...I haven't been on DG as much as I used to. I'm tired of watering, so no reason to garden!! And to think I was happy to move here, out of the arid climate, so I could garden more...!
tggfisk
Garner, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 15, 2010
5:24 PM

Post #7971275

We need to get together before I have to go back to school, yote!
StonoRiver
Johns Island, SC

July 15, 2010
7:54 PM

Post #7971665

tggfisk: Did that Pomegranate survive the NC winters? Always been curious about how that experiment turned out... If it lived, it should be flowering/fruiting by now...
tggfisk
Garner, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 16, 2010
4:01 AM

Post #7972130

Ah, yes! The experiment(s)...The Pom has survived although it has not flowered to date. A crazy winter last year sort of knocked it back and I was afraid that it didn't make it. I ended up cutting it back and it returned from the bottom. This year it is more of a shrub than a tree and is having to deal with a severe lack of rain. Still, it soldiers on. As long as it hangs in there, I am confident that it'll flower one of these years. I'll probably shape it up in the fall so it can eventually be a tree again.
And the ruellia...Bigger, but still in the same spot thank goodness, lol! It has not yet flowered for the season, but remember it is in a good deal of shade. I'm sure that it will as the summer progresses. I really like it since it has decided to behave:)
yotedog
Raleigh, NC

July 17, 2010
7:02 PM

Post #7976805

Yes we do Tgg! Send me a Dmail...been meaning to write. Busy spring and summer, including major surgery for spouse, car wreck for me, lots of travel and the usual day to day stuff. We'd better hurry...August is coming, and I can't believe how fast!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carolina Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helllo Snoutherner 16 Apr 13, 2007 8:22 PM
Beautiful day Rosykay 14 Mar 20, 2009 11:32 PM
Flame azalea spartacusaby 20 Jun 21, 2007 4:17 AM
What is it? CarolinaTracer 6 May 5, 2007 1:05 PM
Hardiness success stories Tropicanna 102 Oct 16, 2007 7:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America