Reflection part VIII

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1049428/

Occassionally the reflection surpasses its origin in beauty. Here is an example:

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Memphis, TN

Wow -- the water is on fire! How gorgeous!

PERTH, Australia

Nice one, Lily_love. Thank you for the new thread.

PERTH, Australia

Blurry Oystercatcher, but I love the reflection.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks HMM and Margaret, and yes I like that Oystercatcher reflection too. Its reflection is larger than life, literally. ^_^

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Mirror image...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

Just a little snack...

Take off... (with turtle)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Those are some great reflections Wild Rose!!!

Pine City, MN(Zone 4a)

All very nice.

Sika Elk pair... Chincoteague NWR

Juvenial Black-crowned Night Heron

Memphis, TN

Those are wonderful reflections, VWR. I especially like the elk. That's a National Geographic shot for sure!

Thanks! Such a nice compliment!

PERTH, Australia

Both really beautiful shots, Wild Rose. The elk image is a real stunner.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Absolutely extraordinary shots, Wild Rose, great job!

Northeast, MI(Zone 5a)

What a great subject Lily!!! I just love the contributions!!! Well done!!

Here's my contribution of a little known lake in the woods where I often camp.

Thumbnail by Dryspirit
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you DS. Up north this time of year is a prime time for Fall color? Care to share some of the lake and fall color reflection? Welcome to our forum.

Memphis, TN

Dryspirit, that is one GORGEOUS shot! I love the glassy surface reflection!

Northeast, MI(Zone 5a)

Did you say COLOR!! Ha Ha !! Yessss !! Color we / I have!! Last year we were cheated by a torrential rainfall and heavy winds that stripped our trees bare before we had a chance to enjoy the autumn change. Folk's from Northern Michigan, to Barry's Bay, Ontario (where my sister lives) were quite bummed out!! :o(

I"m sure other northern states experienced a shortage as well. A shortage on gas or food is one thing, but a shortage on God's Glory is something else entirely!!! Us Northern folks NEED that Glory to give us strength for the upcoming winter blues!! lol !!

This year should be a bounty of color!! I have quite the collection from two years ago!! However, color reflected on a lake?? Not so much!! Sounds like a challenge Lily!! I love it!! ...and I accept!!

Thank you MissMary for your kind words! : --- Here are a couple more reflections. Non-color I'm afraid Lily... but soon, very soon, as the colors have just begun to change!!! Thanks to you, I now have a new mission!! :o)

P.S. Do you guys have a fall color forum?

Thumbnail by Dryspirit
Northeast, MI(Zone 5a)

Both are from a creek where I fish for the elusive, sneaky and crafty, rainbow trout .

Thumbnail by Dryspirit
Northeast, MI(Zone 5a)

"Serenity"

Thumbnail by Dryspirit
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Some great pics. there DS. I'll try to add some soon when I get around to do so. Thank you for your contribution.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Bajamar, Mexico

Here's a reflective shot from the Hearst Castle indoor pool.

Thumbnail by Deepwater805
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Wow! Now that's something very different! Thanks DS for your contribution. A spent flower on still water surface;

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Another;

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Great shots, everyone! I have not visited this thread in awhile. I especially like the elk shot and the 'Serenity' shot.

Here are a few taken at a pond of unknown name on Rt. 3A in Duxbury, MA.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

And the last one for that location. These pics were taken on Oct. 20. Sadly, all of these trees are pretty much bare now. There is some color here and there, mostly from oaks, burning bush. Bradford pears have yet to color up, and possible other trees, as well. Most everything is done now. I remember several years ago when we had a very late fall, and there was good color on Thanksgiving day. The Norway maples and beech trees all looked nice at that time. I have pics from that day.

Karen

PERTH, Australia

Karen, they're really beautiful. I particularly like #3. Welcome back.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thank you, Margaret. It's great to be back. Do you ever check out the backlit thread? I just made a new one and posted some pics I took last Monday. Here's a link: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1138571/

Karen

PERTH, Australia

Thanks for the link, Karen. I will check it out.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Terrific come back, Karen. Fall color up North is spectacular far surpasses the Southern regions. I would like to see them in person one of these days.

Not much of a picture of this turtle sunning on a log. But we can see the subtle reflection of the Fall color on the water surface.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Very nice, LL!

Today I passed by a local pond just up the road and there were some gorgeous reflections. I did not have my camera with me. I put the batteries on the charger before leaving for work and didn't have any back-ups. I could have kicked myself for that. I knew there was no time to go back, as it was already around 5:15 and the sun was almost down. I hate it when I miss and opportunity like that. Tomorrow, for sure, I will have my camera with me. Next time my batteries run down I will be charging them before going to bed.

Karen

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Great pictures everyone. We are heaving a great fall for color in this area. Last year was awful had a serious cold snap the middle of Oct. and froze all the leaves to the trees and turned them brown. This year just a slow cooling down.

Here is a picture of a small creek about 30 miles from home.

Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful, Donna! I love the colors out west.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.