Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Welcome Mat: Hi from Chapel Hill

Communities > Forums > Welcome Mat
bookmark
Forum: Welcome MatReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
turttle
Chapel Hill, NC

July 20, 2010
6:01 PM

Post #7984396

I just found the Welcome Mat. I discovered Daves Garden when I was trying to ID a bug and have been hooked ever since. I live in Chapel Hill, NC, transplanted here from Northern California three years ago. I have two acres of deciduous woods, to which I've added a pond and stream. Our new driveway, put in so our teenage son wouldn't be backing down our curved gravel driveway the first time he was driving, opened up a bunch of planting opportunities so I have been researching native plants, especially those that are wildlife friendly to everything but the deer. I figure only natives have a chance of surviving in my hard clay and rocks, in which it is impossible to dig more than small holes to add soil amendments. This is a great site, full of very knowledgeable and friendly folks. Thanks for all the help!
HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

July 21, 2010
2:22 PM

Post #7986443

hello and welcome to daves garden from upstate new york. yes, this is a wonderful site and the people are very friendly.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America