Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Hi from Chapel Hill

Chapel Hill, NC

I just found the Welcome Mat. I discovered Daves Garden when I was trying to ID a bug and have been hooked ever since. I live in Chapel Hill, NC, transplanted here from Northern California three years ago. I have two acres of deciduous woods, to which I've added a pond and stream. Our new driveway, put in so our teenage son wouldn't be backing down our curved gravel driveway the first time he was driving, opened up a bunch of planting opportunities so I have been researching native plants, especially those that are wildlife friendly to everything but the deer. I figure only natives have a chance of surviving in my hard clay and rocks, in which it is impossible to dig more than small holes to add soil amendments. This is a great site, full of very knowledgeable and friendly folks. Thanks for all the help!

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hello and welcome to daves garden from upstate new york. yes, this is a wonderful site and the people are very friendly.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.