Georgia Peaches - Where to Buy?

Sterling, VA(Zone 7a)

Does anyone there in GA know a good place to buy Georgia peaches (online?) - to be sent here -- up north. Thanking you in advance, Snug.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

You might try Dicky's http://www.gapeaches.com/. We've received their peaches as gifts but I've never sent from them. Lovely, BTW. Many of the packing houses have closed down. Fruit production is falling out of favor here and in FL.. We just did the drive down and saw so many orchards and groves being turned to tree farms or quick crop production. Hope this helps.
Laurel

Sterling, VA(Zone 7a)

I so much appreciate your response. I'll try them. . . . and it's so sad to hear about the fruit production issues, if things gets any worse, we'll all be going back to the wheel so to speak.

Snug

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Very welcome. If things get any worse we won't be able to afford wheels (so to speak). Picture us in Flintsone cars and on Flintstone tractors. Years of extreme weather and high costs for farmers have put many out of business. Speaking of extreme weather, you stay cool up there.
Laurel

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes, Dickey's peaches are wonderful. Small family run business. I think they will be running through early August.

Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.