Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Insect and Spider Identification: SOLVED: bugs!!!

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 3, Views: 111
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jan
Mobile, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 4, 2001
7:44 PM

Post #15064

I have these bugs on my fishtail palm. They have created some sort of webbing and are living there slowly eating away at the edge of the leaves. What are they, and what should I do?
Jan

Thumbnail by jan
Click the image for an enlarged view.

chazparas
Haverhill, MA
(Zone 6b)

October 4, 2001
8:43 PM

Post #139785

If its the tiny white dots your talking about they appear to be spider mited. A systemic insecticide it great but check the label, some palms can't tolerate it. By the way the Fish Tail palm has ragged edges like that, they do not appear to be eaten.
ozarksue
Mansfield, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2001
2:04 AM

Post #140046

I seem to get spider mites at the drop of a leaf *U*
If you have the time, a dish cloth or piece of gauze dipped in vinigar water and and just wash them off. I try not to get the water down into the pot, but sometimes it drips in and has never seemed to hurt anything.
Sue
jan
Mobile, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 5, 2001
5:18 PM

Post #140566

Thanks guys

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 26 Apr 26, 2014 7:18 AM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America