Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Denver area plant swap, for pick up only

Communities > Forums > Rocky Mountain Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Rocky Mountain GardeningReplies: 0, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mandy1632
Westminster, CO
(Zone 5a)

July 25, 2010
9:30 AM

Post #7995414

Hi there

I recently responded to a Freecycler's request for plants. She, unfortunately, got rather swamped with replies, so now I'm stuck with some plants that are ready to go to a new home. Most are already in pots & ready to go. Trade would be nice but isn't really necessary. I'm in Westminster, CO.

Weigela - I've got several seedlings in pots with good root systems (plus rooting hormone). They'd probably like to stay in their pots a few more weeks to recover from transplant, but will most likely survive nicely. I'm not sure what kind they are - mine are probably 10-20 years old, probably never been pruned, and have gotten *ridiculously* tall, around 8-10 feet. They've got nice pink flowers May-June & the birds like their red berries.

Ornamental strawberry - ready to go in a pot. healthy

ajuga - probably chocolate chip but I'm not sure. ready to go in pot. healthy.

I've got 2 hydrangea that need to be dug up (it's an easy job. their roots look like they're still pot-shaped. I'm not sure of the variety but most likely their tags are still down there.) I believe the previous owner probably just dropped them in the ground before we bought the house. They were blooming 2 years ago when we moved in & haven't bloomed since (blue mophead blooms). I suspect they need a different location with more sun or perhaps more protection than I've been giving them (read: none). These are the items I want gone in the next few days - I've already got new plants to go in that location.

5 Stella d'Oro daylilies still in the ground - 2 of them are root-bound over their holes in the plant fabric. I've already dug a few more of these up & separated & re-planted. It's not too big a job once you get the shovel under their roots. The other 3 are small plants in a raised bed. I'm going to be putting in a small rock garden here, so if you've got some hardy succulents or small alpine plants that are practically xeric, let me know!

There are also several mock orange seedlings that could easily be transplanted, if you're interested.

These are for pick up only; I don't feel like messing with shipping. If you've got something to trade, even better but not truly necessary. I'd like to get all these taken care of this week.

Mandy

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Rocky Mountain Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anybody growing vegetables in the Rockies? pajaritomt 166 Jun 25, 2007 3:26 PM
Invasive for the rest of the country still invasive here? MQN 33 May 28, 2007 6:36 AM
Milkweed - Asclepias seeds? hello85 3 Aug 14, 2007 10:15 PM
Greenhouse GMan13 126 Mar 5, 2007 10:48 PM
This might brighten you up......(continued) ginger749 162 Jan 3, 2012 12:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America