Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Fungi As Your Garden Partners - Enlisting the T-22 to Terminate Root Pathogens: Concern about BT

Communities > Forums > Article: Fungi As Your Garden Partners - Enlisting the T-22 to Terminate Root Pathogens
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fungi As Your Garden Partners - Enlisting the T-22 to Terminate Root PathogensReplies: 1, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
the_naturalist
Monrovia, CA

July 26, 2010
2:55 PM

Post #7998652

Several contributors mention the use of BT along with their T-22 remarks. Having noticed a marked decline in the populations of agriculturally-harmless species of butterflies over the last 40 years, I'm quite concerned that the prolific use of BT by gardeners and farmers may be damaging the ecosystem far beyond the intended targets. I hope someone figures out a way to study this possibility before we end up with a "Flutterless Spring" paralleling Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring" of missing birds.
LariAnn
Miami, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 26, 2010
3:40 PM

Post #7998729

I hope so, too, especially because (what I consider) overzealous genetic engineers have inserted the Bt toxin gene into crop plants so that it is now loose in the gene pool. Not only that, the toxin will be present in any foodstuffs that are harvested from such "franken-plants". Some people are already reporting medical problems as a result.

To make things even worse, we as consumers will not be told whether these genetically modified crop products are present in the food we purchase at the grocery store, thanks to collusion between the FDA and Big Ag/Monsanto.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fungi As Your Garden Partners - Enlisting the T-22 to Terminate Root Pathogens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I always enjoy your articles Illoquin 8 Jul 31, 2010 10:02 PM
Absolutely fascinating! doccat5 2 Feb 28, 2008 12:04 AM
More research with T22 starlight1153 1 Feb 28, 2008 1:53 AM
Using T-22 Indy 2 Mar 8, 2008 9:17 PM
soil health mableruth 3 Jun 16, 2010 6:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America