Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Begonias: Begonia 'Little Darling'

Communities > Forums > Begonias
bookmark
Forum: BegoniasReplies: 3, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Flimsy
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2010
8:38 PM

Post #8003605

I recently purchased a 'Little Darling'. I need some tips and info on growing this little thing. It is dying off and I'd really love to save it.

Thanks...Flimsy
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 29, 2010
4:00 AM

Post #8003858

Indoors or outside? Bright light, high humidity, and warm air is all it really needs. Don't keep it sopping wet but don' let it dry out either.
Flimsy
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 29, 2010
8:47 AM

Post #8004325

Thank you hc...I presently have it outdoors in the shade. It's hot and humid here. When I received it, it was extremely wet. I ordered it online and I thought that might be why it was so wet, due to shipping. I just planted it in a clay pot a week ago, so maybe it will improve. It keeps losing leaves.
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 29, 2010
11:46 AM

Post #8004688

It's hot and humid in most of the eastern states. I just got back from Orlando a few minutes ago and it is as hot here as it was down there. It is probably more humid there but not by a lot. I was drenching wet from the greenhouse I was in for a 2 to 3 hours yesterday. I told them I should just bring a bathing suit next time. The begonias and gesneriads loved it though.

The clay pot should help get rid of excess water. You might even want to change to your own potting mix (depends on how fast the soil it is in drains). It's probably going through shock of the mailing ordeal and its new home for a few months before it gets moved indoors where it will go through another ordeal (hopefully not as bad).

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Begonias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Here's my begonia collection flowerjunkie 106 Feb 10, 2009 2:27 PM
Tuberous Begonias? Woofens 25 Feb 29, 2008 8:05 PM
BEGONIA sticky links begoniacrazii 37 Jun 8, 2007 6:11 PM
Talking about polka dots................. Kell 35 Feb 16, 2008 8:31 PM
Begonia Dead? Wvdaisy 13 Apr 12, 2007 3:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America