-
AuthorContent
yardbird
Maben, MS
(Zone 7b)

July 29, 2010
10:04 AM

Post #8004467

Happy birthday hope you have a great day.

I love you
Ruth
tryliv
Booneville, MS

July 29, 2010
10:15 AM

Post #8004486

Happy, happy birthday, Cindy!! I hope you have a wonderful day! You deserve them all!

Terrye
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

July 29, 2010
10:19 AM

Post #8004495

Thank you Ruth I hope you are doing well. I went out to weed for awhile but 11:30 sun sent me in. I don't know why I am trying since I am making no headway I think it would be easier to remove the plants and start over in the fall. That way I could just round up the whole mess and start over. This is just one of my pots that I added the Rita ferns you gave me. I just hope I can overwinter them again.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

July 29, 2010
10:20 AM

Post #8004496

Thank you Terrye I appreciate the wishes. I think it is going to be a nice day.
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

July 29, 2010
10:25 AM

Post #8004505

Ruth this is the white texas star you grew. It is having small blooms and wilting in the heat but I am thankful I didn't lose it.

Thumbnail by Riverland

bigbubbles
Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2010
10:26 AM

Post #8004510

...and another Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a wonderful day full of presents and people and cake...lotsa cake! Sandi
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

July 29, 2010
10:47 AM

Post #8004569

Thanks Sandi. My son just called to see had I received any special gift and I said no. After he hung up I bet he sent flowers or something and I was out in the yard and can't see if anyone drives up. I thought I heard a cardoor but looked up and didn't see a vehicle. So now it is a mystery. I am so pooped I need a nap and I bet if I close my eyes someone will ring the doorbell. LOL

I had this one lone candy lily I grew from seed survive the floods.

Thumbnail by Riverland

bigbubbles
Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2010
11:08 AM

Post #8004612

Beautiful! Let us know what he sent...
pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY
(Zone 7a)

July 29, 2010
11:12 AM

Post #8004618

Happy birthday to Cindy! So glad we get to share a mutual birthday and that we both would love to take a nap. Maybe we can make up for it tomorrow and take two naps!

Enjoy the day and all the surprises that come your way.

Thumbnail by pirl

busybee
Kentwood, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2010
11:59 AM

Post #8004716

wishing you the very best on your Birthday.
Love and Hugs for you.
Mary D.

Thumbnail by busybee

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

July 29, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #8004843

I am late, but I finally came to my senses and remembered it was your birthday--I wish you could have had the pampering I got today-for your birthday !!

I wish you many more, happy and healthy birthdays to come
With much love
gen2026
Camden, AR

July 29, 2010
1:23 PM

Post #8004921

Happy Birthday Cindy! Hope you have a totally awesome day ~~~and that your surprise was a good one! :) Take your nap, you deserve it !

Genna
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

July 29, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #8004938

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! wishing you many more.
Ems_Garden
Slidell, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2010
6:43 PM

Post #8005516

Happy Birthday Cindy - hope the day was great! Big hugs!
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

July 29, 2010
8:12 PM

Post #8005730

Wow thank you each and every one for the Birthday wishes. Pirl I never did get my nap either. Whatever the surprise was never arrived. Josh's wife had a day of pampering form 1:30 to 5:30 at the spa. They have an their 6th anniversary Sat. She never found the time to get what ever it was so it will wait till later. She deserved her day of pampering. She has given him 3 babies under 4 yrs old. The baby is almost 7 months and tonight he was talking about number 4. She just looked at him like he was crazy. No way will she have a number 4 anytime soon unless it is an accident. LOL

I had a wonderful evening full of good food and lots of laughter with both of my boys and their wives and children. Lord 5 grandbabies can get loud. Most of the night they swam while we visited and reminisced good times. I could not ask for anything better. Josh picked up an ice cream cake from Eskimoes and it was delicious.

Mary I love that hibiscus . Arlene that lily is beautiful. I wish we could grow those this far south. This is one of the lilies I got in the co-op but it will play out in a couple of years.

Thumbnail by Riverland

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 29, 2010
9:07 PM

Post #8005852

Cindy I'm so glad you had a wonderful evening with your family! I'm late but want to wish Happy Birthday!!!
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

July 29, 2010
9:25 PM

Post #8005869

Thank you Charlotte

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

July 30, 2010
5:00 AM

Post #8006101

Mail me some of that ice cream cake--sounds so good !! If I were Ashley, I would have socked Josh right in the nose !!!!!!!!! What does he want a baseball team?
I had the opposite problem with getting Cayla, Jerry said he just wanted to get the ones we had raised and did not want anymore, we had our hands full with the ones we had. I was having lots of trouble even then with my legs bothering me, and you remember all the warnings about the birth control pills they kept giving us, so I finally just told him I was going to stop taking them for my health--not too long after that along comes Cayla, and she has been the light of his life since, having a child when you are older is all together different than when you are young, I was 33 when Cayla was born, Jerry the same. I guess you are a lot more relaxed about everything when you are older, don't misunderstand, she is not loved any more than the rest, it was just different, more enjoyable raising her at an older age.
pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY
(Zone 7a)

July 30, 2010
5:11 AM

Post #8006108

That's what my mom always told me since I was born when she was just shy of 42.

As long as children are loved and well cared for that's all that matters.

Lovely lily, Cindy.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 30, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #8006199

My son and DIL married right out of college, but they waited 9 years before they had children. They were both young when they got through with college. It wasn't because they couldn't have them, they just wanted to do a lot of things before they had children. They thought their friends were crazy that had kids right out of college. They have certainly been good parents so it must have been a good thing.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 30, 2010
6:24 AM

Post #8006215

Happy belated Birthday Cindy. I have been away from the pc and just noticed I've missed the party! Best wishes. Hello Ruth and everyone. Thank you Ruth for the thread.
Kim

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Ems_Garden
Slidell, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2010
7:56 AM

Post #8006422

Glad you had a great day Cindy and that you are feeling so much better!
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

July 30, 2010
8:50 AM

Post #8006525

42 oh my Lord I would have died if I had been pregnant. I assume you were the caboose but did you have siblings ? I thought I was never going to be a grandmother but now have 5 and love it.

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes. I am feeling really good today. It is a good thing because 2 of my grandsons called and wanted to go to the camp with us today.
FlowrLady
-South Central-, IL
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2010
10:13 AM

Post #8006653

I'm glad I saw this thread... Happy Belated Birthday, Cindy. So glad to see it was a wonderful day for you. :)
pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY
(Zone 7a)

July 30, 2010
11:44 AM

Post #8006831

Cindy - yes, I'm the official "baby" of the family. My brother and sisters were 9, 8, and 7 years older than I was. My mom lost many before my siblings came along.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 30, 2010
3:24 PM

Post #8007274

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Cindy. My computer has been acting-up (just like a teenager! lol) So, I have barely been online...

A special duck for a special gal!!

Thumbnail by duckmother

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

July 30, 2010
6:15 PM

Post #8007641

Well...leave it to me to be absent for a week and miss another birthday. Sounds like you had great family time for your big day Cindy. Happy Belated B'day !

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

August 1, 2010
4:04 PM

Post #8011672

Thanks for the duck Kim. Don't you just hate it when the computer acts up? Feels like it is our umbilical cord connection to the outside world.
Bonnie thank. you too. I've just come home from the camp and boy was it hot and dry.
This was my grandson being what he called still and quite while I was trying to take bird pictures. Needless to say I didn't get a shot. This morning he got up wanting to go back to that shady place to take pictures again and he promiced to be quite. Umhuh at 4 he is never still nor quite. LOL. See that physic solid muscle not an once of fat on him. Never still enough for fat to catch him. LOL

Thumbnail by Riverland

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 2, 2010
7:33 AM

Post #8012949

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CINDY!! Sorry I missed it--I was at my granddaughter's house in Branson, MO and she does not have good internet service at all at her place. I hope you had a lovely day!

Thumbnail by marsue

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 2, 2010
8:41 AM

Post #8013082

Happy Belated Birthday Cindy..Glad you had a great time with your family..Heres a pretty rose for you..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 2, 2010
3:41 PM

Post #8014018

Happy Birthday, Cindy! Sorry I missed your day, but haven't been on much lately. Sounds like you had a great day with your family. That's the way to do it!
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

August 2, 2010
3:50 PM

Post #8014028

Thanks Marilyn, Trish and Elaine and yes I did have a wonderful birthday. Just wishing for many more.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 2, 2010
5:42 PM

Post #8014239

Just found this thread!!! Happy Birthday Cindy!!!!! I hope your day was as special as you are!!!!
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

August 2, 2010
8:10 PM

Post #8014590

Thank you Jeri it was wonderful.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 3, 2010
4:49 AM

Post #8014946

Hope it's nottoo late to wish you Happy Birthday Cindy! Better late than never lol

Hope you had a good one.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America