Photo by Melody

Article: Indoor palms: Selecting and caring for these popular houseplants: Need Help with my Cat Palm

Communities > Forums > Article: Indoor palms: Selecting and caring for these popular houseplants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Indoor palms: Selecting and caring for these popular houseplantsReplies: 1, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
PalmNewcomer
Chicago, IL

July 30, 2010
12:17 PM

Post #8006890

Hi,

I recently bought a cat palm and didn't realize until I got home that it was worse off than I initially thought. I've done my best to help it out, but it doesn't seem to be doing too well.

I've posted my photos on this Flickr feed.

/photos/52581829@N06/sets/72157624492618591

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2010
8:34 PM

Post #8007915

looks like you've got both fungus and a bad case of spider mites... need to mist your palm more often, but perhaps put a bit of Chlorhex or some antifungal spray in the misting so you don't spread that fungus. Spider mites are tough on indoor palms though. Need to get some wind flow and increased humidity. I would get some antimitacide, spray your palm and move it outdoors for the remainder of the warm part of the yard (not in full sun, though)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Indoor palms: Selecting and caring for these popular houseplants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you threegardeners 7 Dec 30, 2007 4:27 AM
Irish moss in high desert as a ground cover digitalpeggie 1 Dec 30, 2007 5:55 AM
What is this? alwright50 1 Jun 11, 2008 3:40 PM
Majesty Palm rot? Please help! mysticmisty 3 Jul 29, 2008 4:37 AM
Sawpalm pest problem sawpalm 1 Sep 9, 2008 5:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America