Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Ruth Stout - Gardening Stalwart: Regrets

Communities > Forums > Article: Ruth Stout - Gardening Stalwart
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ruth Stout - Gardening StalwartReplies: 2, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nancy902
Hernando, FL

July 30, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #8007210

Many years ago, when I lived in Connecticut, I learned that Ruth Stout lived in the next town,
Redding, which was only a few miles away from me. I passed her home many times and
wondered what her backyard garden looked like. Being an organic gardener, my husband
thought I should knock on her door, but I felt I would be intruding. I did not do so, but I'll bet
if I did she would have welcomed me. This is one of my regrets, having the opportunity to
meet Ruth Stout and learn and talk about gardening.
jeannette1940
west palm beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 1, 2010
11:51 AM

Post #8011213

Nancy, you should just gone up and knocked on the door. A lot of us from
danbury, use to stop by for a visit and were always welcomed. Jeannettte Umatilla fla.
tcfromky
Mercer, PA
(Zone 5a)

August 2, 2010
6:55 PM

Post #8014408

I think it's great that you got to meet her Jeannette. And I regret that you didn't Nancy. That's how it goes sometimes. I bet she would've welcomed you too!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ruth Stout - Gardening Stalwart Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
leaves planolinda 6 Jul 26, 2010 6:57 PM
cardboard/papers/woodchips heygeno 1 Jul 26, 2010 7:07 PM
consolation jazzy1okc 1 Jul 26, 2010 7:01 PM
Always loved Ruth Stout... Sundownr 1 Jul 28, 2010 11:26 AM
straw and newspaper RebeccaLynn 3 Jul 21, 2013 11:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America