Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Tropical Zone Gardening: Cardiospermum halicacabum a.k.a. Balloon Vine,Love in a Puff

Communities > Forums > Tropical Zone Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Tropical Zone GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Oooh
bacup, lancashire
United Kingdom

July 30, 2010
3:26 PM

Post #8007280

I would like to get my hands on some dried Balloon Vine (C.Halicacabum). I am starting a soap business from kitchen and would like to incorporate this useful weed into my soaps. I have contacted some big businesses already but they require substantial minimum amounts - I live in a very small house and don't have anything like warehouse facilities.

Is there anyone out there who is regularly plagued with this invasive vine and wouldn't mind cutting it and posting it to me - for an agreed price - of course?

Many thanks,

Heather
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 31, 2010
5:07 AM

Post #8008193

I would suggest you try to find someone in your area - I have tried several times to send items across the border, and they just get confiscated - loss of dollars and product.
westraad
Xai Xai
Mozambique

July 31, 2010
6:06 AM

Post #8008271

don't have it, heather, hope you find someone in your area who does!
Kay, i have never tried sending plants, but i have received seeds several times from abroad, including the USA.
isaac
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 31, 2010
8:30 AM

Post #8008543

I tried to send plants and seeds to Canada a few times - no go. I also tried sending to Australia - didn't go through.
westraad
Xai Xai
Mozambique

July 31, 2010
8:36 AM

Post #8008575

Thats weird. maybe it was on the canadian and Australian side of the border. i received some seeds some time ago from Sylvain, who is in Florida. i received it in Mozambique without a prob. i guess some countries are fussy, and i don't really blame them.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Tropical Zone Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome! Terry 92 May 31, 2007 7:56 PM
Gardening In AUSTRALIA . Way Way South ! ginger749 170 Dec 6, 2012 8:33 PM
Fern erradication AlohaHoya 85 May 12, 2009 2:37 AM
plants - I promise! Islandshari 23 May 28, 2007 11:33 PM
dead bees on young crape myrtles tab2 5 Oct 31, 2009 3:58 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America