Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict: I got it, too!

Communities > Forums > Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
bookmark
Forum: Article: True Confessions of a Gardening AddictReplies: 3, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Biker1
McLean, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 31, 2010
3:12 AM

Post #8008107

Add to your list of signs of addiction:

Gardening at night with halogen lights, as used at construction sites.

Gardening at neighbors properties because you have run out of space. (I now garden in 3 neighbors' yards.)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 31, 2010
5:48 AM

Post #8008241

I'm glad I spotted this post and re-read Jeremy's article -- what a romp! Wouldn't you love to see the garden he's planted?

I garden at night also, with a head-lamp. My first one had AA batteries, but my current one has a tiny battery and little LED looking bulbs -- still nice and bright, but much lighter and hence comfortable enough to wear for hours! LOL

I think we should be neighbors... but then we'd have to make a move on the farm field behind me...
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 31, 2010
7:47 AM

Post #8008439

Thanks for your kind comments and empathy for my gardening addiction affliction. With my finances and the general economy being on the lean side, I'm now forced to let my fingernails grow long so that I have a pair of pincers always ready to do some judicious pruning on public plants and private estates where greenery strays past the property line. Like a man driven to steal a loaf of bread out of desperate hunger, my craving for plants compels me to pinch what I can.

But at least all the cull pack annuals that have long since expired gave me what seems to be a never ending supply of potting soil. I still have dozens of flats of 2 inch pots scattered around the yard to dump out and recycle the dirt.

Happy Gardening to all!

Jeremy

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 31, 2010
9:04 AM

Post #8008635

LOL.. as you've said, a little judicious pruning is good for those plants!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant Addicts Unite! chrissy100 35 Oct 29, 2007 1:19 AM
Jeremy, what a saga! Happy_1 11 Oct 28, 2007 3:09 PM
By request: Enlargeable photos - 1 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 4:54 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 2 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 3 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America