Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Caudiciforms: Pachypodium brevicaule

Communities > Forums > Caudiciforms
bookmark
Forum: CaudiciformsReplies: 6, Views: 122
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
helenchild
Decatur, GA

July 31, 2010
10:21 AM

Post #8008788

This little grafted plant had been blooming well all spring. And then I noticed these seed pods. I thought it was pretty cool. They looked the same for weeks then yesterday I noticed they pods had turned brown and split. I managed to retrieved about 6 seeds.
If anyone is interested in trying to grow them dmail me.
Helen

Thumbnail by helenchild
Click the image for an enlarged view.

cactus_lover
FSD
Pakistan
(Zone 10b)

August 7, 2010
11:36 AM

Post #8025056

What a nice plant you have, very beautiful i like it very much,
It is my dreamed plant.

Thanks for sharing.

Yasir

NancySLAZ

NancySLAZ
Sun Lakes, AZ
(Zone 9a)

August 11, 2010
1:51 PM

Post #8033929

Helen, just want to thank you for showing us all your wonderful caudiciforms on DG. Do you mostly buy them locally near you or order from other farther away places?
helenchild
Decatur, GA

August 11, 2010
2:53 PM

Post #8034060

Far away.
Many of the Euphorbias came for Out-of-Africa through eBay. I went a bit crazy several years ago and got lots of tiny little plants. Some succumbed, some made it and others are thriving.
I have also gotten from other eBayers and Aridlands. Both are good. Ebayers are accountable and you can rate them if they don't do a good job so most sellers are motivated to have happy customers. Aridlands is just plain excellent though I have noticed OoA plants are bigger and sturdier for the most part.
I also get at Ikea, HD and Lowes and a local nursery called Pikes.
Any you are welcome Nancy. I am actually thrilled to have some place to share my little gems with other plant nuts. Most people who know me and see my collection and just glance at it and consider me a plant nut for sure. :-) I certainly enjoy your input as well. Thank you.
Helen

Thumbnail by helenchild
Click the image for an enlarged view.

NancySLAZ

NancySLAZ
Sun Lakes, AZ
(Zone 9a)

August 12, 2010
7:14 PM

Post #8036558

Is that a red peanut cactus? It is so beautiful. You do have many sources for your caudiciforms. I like Arid Lands also but have never tried Out of Africa through Ebay. I'll have to look them up. I buy and sell stuff there quite often.
I'm happy to find other people who love plants too. It's nice to share with others and talk about the plants.
Sally0
Yardley, PA

October 6, 2010
6:00 PM

Post #8141863

Great plants Helen. P. Brevicaule is real water sensitive. I will have to find that grafted. That is one that didn't do well even in the s/h. The red flowers are the other one are amazing.
helenchild
Decatur, GA

October 6, 2010
7:52 PM

Post #8142046

Thanks SallyD. I water the graft a lot and so far so good. I haven't tried one on its own roots.
Helen

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Caudiciforms Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Adenium seedpod!! Indigoez 24 Apr 24, 2007 7:17 PM
Great case of mistaken identity GSkinner 16 Nov 22, 2007 2:20 PM
Flowering and Brighamia insignis, Hawaiian Vulcan Palm MartinDK 7 Aug 13, 2007 3:20 PM
Anyone grow Fockeas? Nan 8 Aug 13, 2007 3:30 PM
Brachychiton Nan 5 May 25, 2007 4:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America