Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Beginner Landscaping: Need a fast growing, narrow or vase shaped tree.

Communities > Forums > Beginner Landscaping
bookmark
Forum: Beginner LandscapingReplies: 1, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
CECIL139
West Orange, NJ

August 1, 2010
11:27 AM

Post #8011148

I am looking to create privacy with 3 trees next to a deck between two houses. I need something fast growing, vase shaped or narrow and about 15 to 25 feet tall and 10 to 15 feet wide. There is a row of viburnum summer snowflake there now, but they will only get 8 to 10 feet tall, so I thought that I could plant 3 trees within the row of viburnums to create taller privacy and the viburnums could fill in the space below the trees. Does anyone know of a Japanese Maple that could fit those requirements or another tree? I am in zone 6 and the area gets full sun.
Thanks!

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

August 8, 2010
6:09 PM

Post #8027617

Try advanced search on arbor day foundation's website
http://www.arborday.org/trees/treeguide/advancedSearch.cfm

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Landscaping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Landscaping forum! dave 65 Dec 11, 2011 8:57 PM
Landscape Transformation - join me! LarissaH 7 Mar 4, 2007 10:31 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new , and I need some landscaping help. Mrsfed04 32 Mar 9, 2012 9:12 PM
Encourage growth to Arborvitae carbo3595 15 Jul 2, 2010 8:11 PM
Update on our lanscaping situation. Mrsfed04 8 Jun 12, 2011 11:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America