Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Antiques and Collectibles: White wash basin and pitcher

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 2, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jomoncon
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 5, 2010
9:11 AM

Post #8020223

This is a large pitcher & basin that belonged to my late uncle. The pitcher is about 12x9 and the bowl is 16x4. I believe this belonged to my grandmother from rural Louisiana, from the early 1900's. Both the pitcher & the basin have the same marks. Unfortunately, I cannot get a clear look at the marks, and I cannot get a clear picture of them. It seems to be "yme conirle." The 2nd word may be misspelled. I'd love to know the age & value of it. We want to keep it in the family is it was my grandmother's. In fact, we want to keep it anyway.
Jo-Ann

Thumbnail by jomoncon
Click the image for an enlarged view.

jomoncon
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 5, 2010
9:13 AM

Post #8020227

Here's the best picture of the bottom marks.

Thumbnail by jomoncon
Click the image for an enlarged view.

schickenlady
Sherrie In, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2010
5:00 AM

Post #8026166

Ironstone? Without proper identification there is no telling the value. We go to antique auctions up here and a pitcher and basin would run around 50-75 dollars depending on maker. Also if there is any crack, chips or staining.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America