Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener: ANSWERED: Gophers, gophers and more gophers

Communities > Forums > Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener
bookmark
Forum: Ask-a-Dave's-GardenerReplies: 0, Views: 123
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
qmischief
Simi Valley, CA

August 7, 2010
4:46 AM

Post #8024407

These gophers have destroyed my garden. I have pets so I do not want to use a poison Almost everything I plant now I lay several layers of chicken wire underneath the plant.they have even chewed through the chicken wire. They have completely devastated my lawn I have a dirt patch with a few weeds now. I have purchased stakes that you place in the ground that beep and some that vibrate.They do not work! I flood the holes have poured cooking oil in the holes which is very expensive and could not possibly get all the holes...read that in a gardening book. I would love to have a nice green lawn again with nice plants. hhheeeellllp What do I do?

9/4/2010
This question was answered here:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2978/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ANSWERED: Goblin Blanket Flower uncbba02 1 Aug 2, 2010 5:05 AM
ANSWERED: Morning Glory Removal piakennedy 1 Aug 2, 2010 5:05 AM
ANSWERED: Planting a Caryota Gigas (King Kong Palm) dagasman1 0 Jul 31, 2010 6:21 PM
ANSWERED: sunlight mableruth 1 May 6, 2014 7:47 AM
ANSWERED: Rose of Sharon kc8tbq 0 Aug 8, 2010 6:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America