favorite skin care for women products please

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

October 4, 2010
8:24 PM

Post #8138437

I love Roc(day time) and Olay firming(night)
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

November 28, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #8235167

Mary Kay, for many, many years. Has kept my complexion looking and feeling great even tho I am outside lots all year round, and it gets cold here in the tundra zone (4a)

jasminesmom

jasminesmom
Saugerties, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 29, 2010
5:50 AM

Post #8235603

Oil of Olay, I think thats the best, I love it :>)
Christine
planolinda
Plano, TX

November 29, 2010
3:41 PM

Post #8236484

i never did find the right cream but i have noticed that now oil of olay has lots of new products--i need to check those out
BriannaRose573
Jefferson City, MO

December 15, 2010
2:24 PM

Post #8262126

Homemade products are the best, in my opinion-as long as they are made from quality ingredients.
Gina169
Canterbury
United Kingdom

January 3, 2011
1:55 AM

Post #8289469

Himani Boroplus, my favorite skin care products brand.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

January 9, 2011
11:51 AM

Post #8300790

I use Estee Lauder skin cream, LOVE it ...
Abir8525
Canterbury Kent
United Kingdom

January 11, 2011
3:21 AM

Post #8303952

I also love Himani Boroplus skin care product. Because it is natural.
almira90
manila
Philippines

June 3, 2011
5:24 AM

Post #8605719

Olay, greatly works.
Micle
Linz
Austria

June 29, 2011
10:13 PM

Post #8663377

until now I have always used OLAY products and recently I came across a new scrub named http://www.pianoon.com”>PIANOON, which is quite a new product but I must admit it is really only one of its type.

This message was edited Jun 29, 2011 10:19 PM
karyelin
Glen Head, NY

August 4, 2011
11:50 PM

Post #8737992

My absolute favorite of all time is sassou from freshskin, its' from Japan! It's very delicate and can easily penetrate to skin

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2012
3:41 AM

Post #9006003

I know this topic hasn't been visited much of late, but I wanted to add my 2 cents' worth anyhow. ;) I do LOVE Mary Kay products, especially the Satin Hands treatment. For the overly-exposed hands, digging around in every sort of soil I can get my grubby little paws in, MK's Satin Hands treatment keeps my little paws girlie-looking and soft. :)
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

February 14, 2012
3:47 AM

Post #9006012

Do you suppose you can use it and have " Satin Feet"?

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9006055

[quote="Anna_Z"]Do you suppose you can use it and have " Satin Feet"?[/quote]

Oh yes Ma'am, my little piggies love the treatment too! :)
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

February 14, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9006288

Need to try that soon. My consultant has given me freebies of the satin hands, but have never taken the time to "satinize" them. :>)

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2012
3:25 PM

Post #9006826

Oh yes please do, you'll be so glad you did! It's surprisingly a quick little "do", but gives amazing results for how little time it takes. It used to be that you had to apply and massage in each step, one at a time; Apply step 1, massage it in. Apply step 2 on top of that, massage it in... etc. Now ya just apply steps 1, 2, and 3 all at the same time, massage and smoosh it around in your hands for a minute or 2 (add a few drops of water as necessary for added smooshiness), then rinse. Tah Dah! =)
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

February 14, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9006964

This is what was in my little sample packet..
1. Satin hands hand scrub
2.Hand cream
3. Hand softener

So, you just mix all 3 things together and rub/massage in???

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9007287

Hmmmm, they have changed the kit since I last bought it (I used to be a consultant and have oooodles of stuff still left over).
Used to be that the kit contained:
Extra Emollient Night Cream (step 1)
Scrub (step 2)
Cleansing Gel (step 3)
Hand Cream (step 4)

One would smoosh steps 1-3 around all at once, rinse, then apply hand cream last.

Now, it would seem they have eliminated the "cleansing gel", so just use the "softener" and "scrub" together, massage it in for a minute or so, rinse well. Then use the hand cream last, like you would any other moisturizer. I hope this helps!

That reminds me, I need to do my feet today! =)
Avonlea820
Warwick, RI

March 6, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9032098

I only use organic and I don't like many I have found so I tend to create my own mixtures using simple reliable ingredients. The organic provider I really love right now is Morrocco Method but they only have an ayurvedic eyeliner right now. Hoping they will create more makeups...but I use their Euro Oil as a base under my foundation powder. It moisturizes without becoming too oily.

Plus their haircare line is excellent!

www.morroccomethod.com

Thumbnail by Avonlea820   Thumbnail by Avonlea820
Click an image for an enlarged view.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 2, 2012
2:55 AM

Post #9106725

Massage together the softener and scrub, massage in really well then rinse your hands. Follow that with the hand cream and you'll have happy little hands! =)
bellieg
Virginia Beach, VA

July 14, 2012
4:47 AM

Post #9204682

I use oil of olay as well as ponds moisturizing cream.Nothing expensive.

I am a golfer so a sunblock always as well as a hat to protect my face.

Belle

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2012
9:22 PM

Post #9299144

I used to buy the expensive stuff and finally figured out Oil of Olay works just as good if not better. I use it morning and night.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 8, 2012
2:45 AM

Post #9299207

Ya know, lately I've actually just been using Cetaphil for washing my face, then plain ol Palmer's cocoa butter around my mouth and eyes (for those delicate-skin areas), and an SPF-50 sun block as a moisturizer all over my face and throat/neck/chest. Got started doing that late this Spring, since I'm outside so much at work and I've GOT to be smothered in sun block anyway... so why not just use it as a moisturizer all the time? It's been working for me just fine, and it's not expensive.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2013
3:46 AM

Post #9389871

Here I go, being a whistle-blower again, but the above post, #9388836, breaks "rule" #5 and is against the User Conduct policy. This post has absolutely NOTHING to do with skin care (the topic of this thread), it is nothing more than an ADVERTISEMENT OF SERVICES, if not goods as well... even if thinly veiled.
jaysmith2
ludhiana
India

May 12, 2013
10:30 PM

Post #9518543

Skin Care Tip #1

Hydrate body and skin and beauty arrangementen. In other words, drink lots of water and I do mean LOTS! Water is essential in hydrating your skin and carry waste away from your body.

You'll see a marked improvement in your skin (and body) just by increasing your daily water intake.

Skin Care Tip #2

Keep your hair clear of your face! If you have long hair or a long fringe, make it a point to pull them back and minimize contact between your hair and your face.

Your hair contains oils and will contribute to outbreaks in your face. This is even more so if you frequently use oil based hair care products like wax, gel, spray etc...

Skin Care Tip #3

Avoid wearing make up - at least for an extended period of time. Make up will contribute to the clogging of pores and aggravate any acne skin care problem you may have.

If you really must use make up, try to find water based ones.

Skin Care Tip #4

Eat more metal! More specifically, eat foods that are rich in zinc.

Zinc is an antibacterial agent and a necessary element. A diet low in zinc can actually cause acne breakouts!

Skin Care Tip #5

Try using honey-face mask. Honey has several skin healing properties. Most notably of them all, it has anti-bacterial elements in it. Its great for disinfecting and healing minor blemishes.

This message was edited May 12, 2013 10:31 PM

happytail

happytail
St. Simon's Island, GA
(Zone 9a)

May 24, 2013
8:53 PM

Post #9533095

I like Clinique. I am 46 years old, and have very oily skin. I like the 7 Day scrub cream, and they have come out with some good products for the maturing skin lately. Repairwear Laser Focus has made a dramatic change in my skin texture. Always wear sunscreen, and I like Elta MD. I am just amazed at how much longer it holds up than the over-the-counter kind of sunscreen. No fragrance and they have stuff specially for oily skin. I work at a garden center, so I'm outside almost all day. I have to throw in a pitch for Mary Kay satin hands too. Great stuff for all over. I use it on my legs when they start looking scaly in the winter. And for fingernails, I use a product by Elon, Lanolin-rich Nail Conditioner. Massage a tiny bit into each fingernail just before bed each night. Makes a world of difference in my nail growth and strength, as well as the cuticle softening. Just my two cents:)
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 25, 2013
1:41 AM

Post #9533181

Where would one purchase that Nail Conditioner stuff? Mine are awful. LOL

happytail

happytail
St. Simon's Island, GA
(Zone 9a)

May 25, 2013
5:42 PM

Post #9533910

I get it online, just because we live in a small town and there isn't much for shopping choices here.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 26, 2013
3:25 AM

Post #9534172

I wonder how olive oil would work for nails/cuticles... that is something I always have tons of. It sure makes a difference on my straw-like hair.

Thank you, Happytail, for the tip about the sun block. I too work outdoors at a garden center and even through my SPF 50 sunblock am getting really brown... and I don't like it. I'll be looking for this one that you like! =)

happytail

happytail
St. Simon's Island, GA
(Zone 9a)

May 27, 2013
4:21 AM

Post #9535397

I have tried olive oil on my hands, with a few drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil, but it doesn't do anything like the Elon cream. I keep my nails short, but I tend to bite and pick at my cuticles all the time. And between digging in the dirt at home and working in the dirt at the garden center, my poor hands just take a beating all the way around.
Kirstine12
Beverly Hills, CA

January 21, 2014
9:09 PM

Post #9753140

Hi Kirstine here, I have tried this brand named Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe, found it on Amazon. I decided to do some online research about it and discovered Vitamin C's benefits for the skin. I have used this serum for a couple of weeks now, and was satisfied with the results. I like it because this has an anti-aging ingredient. I highly recommend this product. It works for me and it's affordable. It's my favorite beauty skin care regimen. Try it for yourself.
Cherry08
Sydney
Australia

January 27, 2014
11:42 PM

Post #9757123

My favorite skin care is Nivea night cream and Nivea Sunscreen Cream. I also drink lots of water, and increase my intake of foods and vegetables like carrots, papaya, legumes, apple, berries, nuts. I do exercise daily for detoxification . Good sound sleep at night is also part of my favorite skin care.
bellieg
Virginia Beach, VA

January 28, 2014
4:14 AM

Post #9757186

I used to use brand names skin care products with good results but lately I am using nutrogena products. There is a pore cleanser at night and use a very soft luffa to expoliate. Rinse with warm water followed with cold water. I then moisturize heavily with the cream . With me playing golf several times a week sunscreen is a must

Maybe I am lucky but I had not experienced pimples. Perhaps diet has something to do with it too. Lots of water fresh fruits and veggie

Belle.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2014
4:25 AM

Post #9757192

Interestingly enough, my son has always been very health-conscious; excellent diet with loads of fresh fruits and veggies, lots of water, all the good stuff. He's also always been very active: running, weight-lifting, climbing, Tai Chi. That being said, he has also ALWAYS had trouble with his skin; he had acne starting in his first year of high school, and no matter what regiment he followed for skin care, he simply ALWAYS had bad acne.

This leads me to the conclusion that: there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What works for one doesn't necessarily mean it will work for everyone. Trial and error will help to figure out what works best for each person (which means, all the helpful hints and tips are surely appreciated!), but sometimes it's a waiting game. Now at 25, my son's skin has finally cleared up. YAY!! =)

Take good care of your whole body anyway (whether it's helping your skin or not), and never give up -- surely there must be something out there for ya that will work!
Cherry08
Sydney
Australia

February 27, 2014
6:25 PM

Post #9778345

Another favorite skin care I cross about is the fuss free facial masks. It has natural ingredients, easy and ready to use. You can buy it from online shop and very affordable. My friend recommended this product to me. It is a good moisturizer.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beauty and Fashion Tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
mascara doghouse 22 Apr 10, 2009 1:15 AM
What base foundation do you use? konkreteblond 38 Jul 11, 2008 5:18 PM
Fine hair, help please! IO1 89 Dec 12, 2010 5:00 AM
Not meant to be ? renwings 34 May 13, 2009 10:08 PM
imitation diamond anastatia 12 Jan 8, 2009 7:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America