ENDLESS Swap RESULTS!! Come show off your finished projects

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Many of us have happily participated in the fabric swap I started and have gotten wonderful fabrics in exchange for our orphan fabric or the cost of postage. This thread is where you can show off your finished projects and give additional thanks to the generous people who made it possible --- so start posting pics!!

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh this is gonna be fun.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I swapped with Nadine for grosgrain ribbon and made her a quilted covered calendar/notebook and am working on a purse made from a placemat. I hope to find handles tomorrow when I shop at a local thrift shop.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Sorry, I meant to post this picture.

Thumbnail by mittsy
(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Mittsy, that is "kewl" as my youngest GD says these days. A placemat? Clever.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

That is so pretty!

I finished the purse.

Thumbnail by mittsy

One finished dishrag and one in the works.

Thumbnail by mittsy
(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Nice !!

I love those dishcloths, they wear forever.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I can't show anything --- I've been working on swap items and gifts. I can't let all these cats out of their bags!!!!!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Awe. come on, I won't tell!!! ^_^

Just show me Barb, I can keep a secret. LOL

Ya Barb, I'M not in any of your swaps or on your Christmas list so you can show ME!! LOL

Who knows who is on my lists???? I'm going to be very good so I end up on everyone else's good list!!!!

Well... I have always been on the mischief list!! I've helped engineer several REALLY good mischievous gifts.

me too, and just to drive you all crazy here's one of them! Thank you Barb, you did a fine job on the sewing.

Thumbnail by mittsy

And a big thank you for the baby fabrics, too. I've cut the focal squares from the butterflies fabric.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Here is the diaper bag I sweated over. It came out pretty good!!!

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Here's the back

Here's the inside. All parts have a rubberized lining.

You are right, I am clueless what your mischief gift is Mittsy! I really like the fabric with the frog and Barb's bright mushroom fabric on the diaper bag! VERY nice ladies!

Nice job Barb! Great colors, too. Judy was trying to tell me about the rubberized fabric, now I understand. It would work well for so many things.

The rubberized fabric is nice Mittsy but I wasn't thrilled working with it. Whenever I had to sew with the rubber side down on the faceplate, I had to use a piece of tissue paper to keep it moving smoothly. And of course it took at least three seams for me to realize what to do about the problem.....But, after really taking my time with it, the bag did come out all right.
That mushroom fabric was sent to me by the Mom-to-be. She asked if I could use it when I made the bag and then I found all those other delightful fabrics to go with it.
I'm off to Quilters Cache to find more blocks to use for a row robin swap in the other house. I have several to make and don't want them all the same...

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Barb, didn't you just get EQ7????? you should be doing your rows there!!!

I've been playing Thunder but haven't had much time. I've had the grands for a bit but school started this week so now maybe I can play more. Also, Norm oredered those DVDs for me and I think it might be a good idea for me to wait and use them. I have a great setup here in our office with two computers. I can put the DVD in Norm's and watch and pause while I have mine on EQ7 and can do as they say. I learn a lot better that way. Did that with Word and Excel and it worked out great.

Barb, what a GREAT idea! I'll bet I could do that some day. We have more than one computer here.

It sure made learning a lot easier.

Live and learn. I could utilize my laptop and do that with quilting DVDs that I have. Thanks Barb!!!

I didn't know I needed a computer until I got one. Now I find I need 2 of them. LOL

But of course Karen!!! Heehee. It does make learning from DVDs so much easier.....

......and to think my husband and kids "drug: me into the computer age, kicking and screaming all the way. Guess I should be thanking them. LOL

Well Marion, they just didn't use the right persavsive wording... "you know there are some GREAT quilting resources out there on the computer..."

LOL oh how well I know now! I might more accomplished if I wouldn't keep finding such neat things on quilting.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Okay, so the quilt was already made, just waiting for the perfect fabric for the binding. Thanks to Karen the perfect fabric made its way to me and now the quilt is finished! Soon it will be given to little Lucas (he is about 6 months old now). I'm glad I did not make him a 'baby' quilt, I think this is more a little boys' quilt. Hopefully he will treasure (and USE it) for years.

Closeup of the binding fabric.

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Front of same quilt.

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Back of quilt, it is flannel so I wasn't worried about getting it finished while it was hot out.

Thumbnail by Catbird423

THAT is adorable!!!

Wonderful job Robin. I love your use of color and I'm sure he is going to love it......

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Great job Robin. It's perfect for a little boy (or girl, for that matter, if she likes frogs and lizards). A quilt that may find its way to his kids in time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.