Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: A Visit to Greenland - Part 1: the Native Flora: Greenland

Communities > Forums > Article: A Visit to Greenland - Part 1: the Native Flora
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Visit to Greenland - Part 1: the Native FloraReplies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
enyeholt
Village of Port Clem
Canada

August 13, 2010
11:52 AM

Post #8037792

Your photo tour of Greenland is great. Thanks for sharing.
I live on the Queen Charlotte Islands, B.C. We have some unique flora here also apparently.
I've been here so long it's just regular to moi!

Looking forward to part 2.
DonShirer
Westbrook, CT
(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2011
4:17 AM

Post #8753273

I was in Greenland on an eclipse expedition in the fifties, landing at Narsarssuak AFB in the south. Very near some Viking ruins. The lack of trees (except for a few bushes) is striking to a resident of the temperate zone. I am surprised that Eric didn't know about the icecap, since we were able to hike to it with little trouble, and even took a (very short!) bath in an icy lake.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Visit to Greenland - Part 1: the Native Flora Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great tour! LLMac 7 Mar 1, 2009 6:47 PM
Greenland tour HoosierGreen 0 Mar 1, 2009 12:38 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this! Igrowinpa 0 Mar 1, 2009 3:05 AM
Thank you for the tour wildauddie 0 Mar 2, 2009 1:47 PM
My Roots and your garden riggor37 1 Mar 2, 2009 6:39 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America