Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Yarrow - a Star is Born!: blood stoppers, the smell!

Communities > Forums > Article: Yarrow - a Star is Born!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Yarrow - a Star is Born!Replies: 1, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

August 14, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #8040297

I do love them.The colors fade pretty fast - esp my favorite one - the terracotta one, but the foliage has fooled so many people looking through my gardens into thinking they are ferns, so yarrow is still very good in landscapes.

They will also stop bleeding, quite amazingly. Works just as good as alum on cuts while shaving.
I cut my myself one time really bad out in the yard. My son was little then and he was trying to get in the house to get me a rag, but we were locked out. I grabbed up some of the yarrow and it stopped the bleeding - very fast and to the relief of my son.

But what I love the most is the smell. It is not like lavender or lilac which are sweet smells, but it is medicinally and clean smell. So, does that make me weird?
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 20, 2010
6:03 PM

Post #8052594

Personally, I find the smell a bit strong but to each his own!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Yarrow - a Star is Born! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wow! adinamiti 12 Dec 28, 2009 8:21 PM
Great phicks 0 Dec 27, 2009 12:31 AM
Yarrows zone5dirt 3 Aug 20, 2010 6:01 PM
Love the new pink shades! Nineg 1 Aug 14, 2010 7:02 PM
Wonderful article! GardenSue777 0 Dec 28, 2009 9:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America