Photo by Melody

Cameras and Photography: Any one using Canon 7D help!!!!!

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 3, Views: 102
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

August 16, 2010
12:02 PM

Post #8043466

I have just received the 7D and I am not impressed. I have been shooting for years . All canon slr then dslr. I have the 100 to 400 isl lens and have yet to take a decent picture with it. My older rebel xsi takes beautiful pictures with this lens. I tried my 100 macro lens. Still terrible pictures. The shutter is noisy compared to the XSI. Do you think I have a defective camera? I have the tamron 18 -250 and it can not focus with it either. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I haven't tried the 18-55 lens yet but i never use that lens. I have the 70-200L 4. i really haven't used that one much yet but it is not my most used lens. I use the 100-400 for the birds and the 100 for my flowers. these are my favorite lens. I was fixing to order the newer 70-2002.8 II lens but I'm not sure what to do. I am thinking of stepping up to the Mark 5.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 25, 2010
5:37 AM

Post #8276091

Did you ever get this sorted out?
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

January 2, 2011
3:06 PM

Post #8288732

Thanks for asking, sorry so long replying we were at the camp since Christmas.
I returned the 7D got the T2i and love it. I also got the 70-200 is 2.8 ll. I may try the 7D again in a few years or something a little larger. I like to hand hold so supporting a large camera and a large lens is tough with arthritic hands. My children got me a neat device for Christmas that helps take some of the support off my palm/thumb. It looks like a plastic gun-stock with a screw for mounting to camera or tripod mount on lens. It has taken some getting used to but has helped the hurting hands. He got it at www.agonic.com Called stedi-stock I wouldn't recommend it to a professional but for those that have specific needs it works. I can't load their site today though. I have the 400mm lens and without IS I cannot handhold. I am hoping they will add IS to that lens soon. I will try the stedi-stock and see if my hand holds are better. This photo was taken today out the window of a truck hand holding with my 100-400IS with the T2i. I know it could be sharper but was a quick shot then he was gone.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2011
4:12 PM

Post #8288852

Well I'm glad you got things working for you.

I have the 7D, but not the big lenses (yet?). I have the 70-300 IS USM for my longer lens. It was a VERY difficult transition for me from a Pentax 100D super, but I'm doing better. I get frustrated because I want 500mm results out of it, Ha.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America