Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Oleanders: Water bottles

Communities > Forums > Oleanders
bookmark
Forum: OleandersReplies: 7, Views: 72
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

August 22, 2010
10:52 PM

Post #8056502

brical1
Ok, I have my cuttings in water bottles. I see drops of water beading up inside. How much humidity should they have? I don't know if I should let some out. I have them in the window sill but the water gets pretty hot. How hot is too how?
Mickey
brical1
Inland S.E QLD
Australia

August 23, 2010
12:02 AM

Post #8056521

I take the cap off now and then to let the air circulate,but because you are having really hot weather it may pay to leave it off for quite a while,though just watch for evaporation.You may have to top the water up..also make sure you don't have the bottle sitting in the sun,you want bright light but not sun..

Thumbnail by brical1
Click the image for an enlarged view.

WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

August 23, 2010
8:54 PM

Post #8058516

OK, I'll bite. What are those beautiful flowers?
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

August 24, 2010
4:13 AM

Post #8058797

Thanks for the tips, we're leaving soon for two weeks and I can't have the house sitter mess with the bottles of cuttings too. I think I willl perhaps put them out in the Arizona room. It's a room that has shade but out weather is over 100 degrees F right now. Perhaps I better look for a better place in the house for the bottles. I don't want mold growing in the bottles or cook the cuttings. We are in the desert and it is very dry here.
Mickey
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

August 24, 2010
10:00 PM

Post #8060699

I have family in Beaumont which is very close to Galveston. I will check about oleanders in Beaumont.
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

August 26, 2010
3:18 AM

Post #8062776

Sharon,
If you want to trade I have a few for trading. I'll know more once I'm back in town. I want to get a lot more started once I get back too. A beautiful pink I bought this spring for too much money is Apple Blossom. I'm hoping that I will be able to take cuttings as I thin kthe tree needs to be groomed.
I'm looking for named oleander but I can find room to love all of them.
Mickey
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

August 26, 2010
12:31 PM

Post #8063508

Actually Mickey, I have no oleanders. I am way into Hardy hibiscus. I just started my search for the "new" oleanders. I did e-mail a few nurseries in Beaumont, did not get any reply. My DH has relatives in Austin, San Antonio and Dallas. Everyone has left Beaumont after his brother's death. I am still searching. I will let you know what I can find.
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

September 3, 2010
9:26 AM

Post #8078233

Sharon,
I use to have hibiscus. I don't know who they would do here where I live in the winter. I don't have the energy to be moving them in and out. I can't deal with the white fly problem either. I may try one or two however. I didn't have a few when I lived it Chicago and they were beautiful.
Here in North Carolina they have the fast growing type at my cousins house and they are beautiful.
Got to run.
Mickey

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Oleanders Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Oleander Forum! melody 7 Aug 1, 2010 9:02 AM
Show us your Oleanders brical1 46 Aug 22, 2010 11:11 PM
My special treasured seedlings brical1 43 Jul 31, 2012 8:07 PM
new forum MickeyAz 0 Aug 4, 2010 10:13 AM
New Photos-Arizona MickeyAz 3 Aug 15, 2010 1:49 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America