Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Saving tomato seeds using fermentation: Tomato Seeds

Communities > Forums > Article: Saving tomato seeds using fermentation
bookmark
Forum: Article: Saving tomato seeds using fermentationReplies: 0, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
goldie77
My. Waverley
Australia

August 23, 2010
2:52 PM

Post #8057789

Hi . I read about the fermenting process and also the notes about sprouting . I just separate the seed from the pulp by using a small pointed knife onto a paper tissue and just let dry . I get nye on 100% strike after they are kept in an airtight tin until September . I plant one seed in a polystyrine coffee cup , so there is no transplant shock .. When large enough I make certain the soil is damp ( not wet ) , cut the bottom off , place in the hole and with a sharp knife slit up both sides of the cup , remove and carefully back fill . Laurie Thompson

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Saving tomato seeds using fermentation Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy to follow photo tutorial Dea 6 Nov 28, 2007 8:46 PM
About the same tcfromky 4 Mar 3, 2007 9:42 AM
Saving Heirloom Seeds - Varietal Spacing challweaver 1 Jul 24, 2007 2:30 PM
Fermentation seedpicker_TX 4 Sep 7, 2009 9:09 PM
seed saving flowerfantasy 1 Nov 27, 2008 11:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America