Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Edible Landscaping: Sweet and Savory Sages: sage recipe

Communities > Forums > Article: Edible Landscaping: Sweet and Savory Sages
bookmark
Forum: Article: Edible Landscaping: Sweet and Savory SagesReplies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
icangrowit2
Winnipeg
Canada

August 25, 2010
3:56 PM

Post #8061855

This is the most aromatic herb you could ever want for. I have a recipe for an Italian seasoning that is on the tables in Italy as a flavor inhancer.

Salamoia

100 grams coarse sea salt

10 grams rosemary, fresh

5 grams sage, fresh

4 cloves peeled garlic, fresh

Put herbs into food processor, and buzz until you have a green crumble. Add the garlic, more if you wish, up to 6 cloves, and buzz until garlic is minced. remove from food processor and place mixture in a large bowl. Add the coarse sea salt, stirring well. Jar in container with a tight fitting lid, and refridgerate.

This keeps several months, if you can keep your hands off of it. It is outstanding on fresh tomatoes, on grilled veggies, on roasted meats, even on grilled bread with olive oil. You will find a million uses!

Enjoy,

Thumbnail by icangrowit2
Click the image for an enlarged view.

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 25, 2010
4:32 PM

Post #8061912

I don't know why it never occurred to me to make a "seasoned salt" with fresh herbs... and fresh garlic, too! Yum!!

Thanks for sharing!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Edible Landscaping: Sweet and Savory Sages Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sage and butternut squash Katlian 7 Aug 20, 2010 6:37 PM
Sage noodles Bookerc1 1 Aug 19, 2010 7:05 PM
sage recipes Bluesplash 1 Aug 23, 2010 5:56 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America