Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

quartz or granite

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

opinions? for a bath.

pros

cons

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

To me, the quartz surfaces are a good compromise if you like the look of natural stone but not the maintenance (sealing, etc). Quartz surfaces do a much better job of mimicking the look of real stone than other types of solid surface (Corian, etc), although you can still tell they're not real if you look closely, but they are very low maintenance just like Corian. Also with the quartz surfacing you can get an integrated sink/vanity all made of the same material--it's for this reason that I will probably go with quartz when I redo my bathrooms even though I went with granite for my kitchen.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

That is what I was thinking. Don't want the work involved with granite in the baths. I am always dropping stuff in the bathroom on the counters and I use a harsher chemical in the bath as compared to the kitchen.

I've seen the granite counters with a black swanstone sink - it looks terrific (although not sure I'd go with black) and so the integrated part wasn't as big a concern for me -the sink was undermounted and it would wipe up with no issues when swiping from the countertop to the sink.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.