Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Oleanders: On the way to Texas after a big job

Communities > Forums > Oleanders
bookmark
Forum: OleandersReplies: 4, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

August 30, 2010
6:54 AM

Post #8070280

Hi everyone, Yea I could get into Dave's I remember my codes! We're in New Mexico and our cell phone doesn't work here. It's a big name carrier too!
I will be able to check my e mails now but still give me a few days.
We will be going to Moody Gardens as far as I know. For those who don't know this is oleander and plumeria heaven.
Mickey
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

August 30, 2010
9:16 PM

Post #8071910

Ask Moody Gardens if they will take an order by e-mail and ship? Or is that just a place to look?
brical1
Inland S.E QLD
Australia

August 31, 2010
7:48 PM

Post #8073741

Mickey, If you find any Oleanders in bloom at Moody Gardens,which I'm guessing you surely will,can you please take pics and share them here...so we can all drool :0).
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

August 31, 2010
10:08 PM

Post #8073920

They had many nurseries listed and several did shipping. But I did not many of the names of the oleanders. Please go into Moody Gardens and look at their suppliers. Durio Nursery had a giant list but no photos. See if you can do better.
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

September 3, 2010
9:17 AM

Post #8078224

Ok, I was able to remember my Dave's Gardens codes to get in on another computer. I brought an additional camera just to take photos of plants. If and I hope we do go the the Moody Gardens I will be taking photos. It's pretty hard to remember tthe name of the plants so I'll try to get photos of the signs to. As for the color...remember you have to calibrate the monitor for color every two weeks with a program for color calibration. LCD monitors stink for color work and they aren't making tube monitors any more. They are the best they say for color work.I'll do my best.
Oleander can not be legaly shipped to Arizona. It must be some kind of bug issue and the state is trying to protect the huge produce market.
I'm really not sure about cuttings. I don't think we have oleander catipillars yet in AZ. I have heard that there is a oleander gaul but I havn't seen it.
We also have the sharpshooter, a but that can damage the grave crops. It came in from California. They aren't easy to spot, they like to hide.
I'm hoping to try and pick up a few small plants (oleander) , small so incase I have to carry them into the hotel every night so they don't cook and I don't drive my husband nuts. A nice few cuttings ever once rooted work great. I think several of my cuttings flowered with in 1 year. The appleblosson that I bought was rather small this spring and it's a very nice size now. The flowers are very pretty too. Remember I am keeping all of my collection of doubles so far in pots. I may put some later in the ground. I also have others in the ground too but I gave up on plumeria and wanted some non stop flowers in the front of the house. Oleander have just greatly filled the bill.
For now,
Mickey

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Oleanders Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Oleander Forum! melody 7 Aug 1, 2010 9:02 AM
Show us your Oleanders brical1 46 Aug 22, 2010 11:11 PM
My special treasured seedlings brical1 43 Jul 31, 2012 8:07 PM
new forum MickeyAz 0 Aug 4, 2010 10:13 AM
New Photos-Arizona MickeyAz 3 Aug 15, 2010 1:49 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America