Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: A Hardy Garden Perennial that Flowers Like an Orchid: Melittis-B.B.

Communities > Forums > Article: A Hardy Garden Perennial that Flowers Like an Orchid
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Hardy Garden Perennial that Flowers Like an OrchidReplies: 1, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
chibearpltluver
Lake Placid, FL

August 30, 2010
7:45 AM

Post #8070362

I live in Lake Placid, FL and was wondering if this beautiful orchid like plant would survive in the heat and humidity of my locale?

Thumbnail by chibearpltluver
Click the image for an enlarged view.

LarryR
South Amana, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2010
10:50 AM

Post #8070676

Melittis is rated as hardy in all parts of Florida, so it should do OK for you. You'll need to make sure that it's watered regularly during dry spells and is situated in a spot that's shady, especially during the warmest part of the day. Happy gardening!

Larry☼

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Hardy Garden Perennial that Flowers Like an Orchid Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks for inroduction Fitsy 1 Aug 30, 2010 11:01 AM
I like it! cybercrone 3 Sep 7, 2010 8:53 AM
Melittis Clland 1 Aug 30, 2010 1:16 PM
Melittis OUTSTANDING 1 Aug 30, 2010 6:27 PM
Mellitis mertonpark 1 Sep 1, 2010 12:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America