Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Rocky Mountain Gardening: DBG sale Sep 25

Communities > Forums > Rocky Mountain Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Rocky Mountain GardeningReplies: 5, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
TrishaG
Englewood, CO
(Zone 5b)

August 30, 2010
8:35 AM

Post #8070454

The Fall plant sale at Denver Botanic Gardens takes place Saturday Sep. 25 this year. Member-only shopping starts at 8am and I plan to be there. My membership allows 5 guests, so anyone who wants to join me let me know and we'll meet. For the uninitiated, the Fall sale is much smaller than the Spring sale, with a large variety of Brent & Becky's bulbs, and lots of plants dug out of the gardens of premier gardeners. Panayoti Kelaidis, Mike Bone, and volunteers are usually hanging around, available to anyone with questions or wanting plant suggestions. The goodies go fast, so early shopping is highly recommended.
HappyJackMom
Happy Jack, AZ
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2010
8:59 AM

Post #8070504

That sounds like a great place to shop! Wish we lived closer to that area. As it is, their plants would do so much better here, than plants bought at a big box store, at our altitude. lol
Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

August 31, 2010
5:19 PM

Post #8073446

Trish,

I am planning on being out on the front range that weekend. I have enough things to do & people to see to justify the trip. I would love to meet a few of you folks!
Sonny

PS: Russian Sage, Blue Spires went on sale today at High Country Gardens. It was the plant I was looking for to anchor (literally) my bed expansion.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2010 5:47 PM
TrishaG
Englewood, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 6, 2010
9:29 AM

Post #8083363

Hi Sonny,
Do you think you'll be in town early enough to join us at the sale? I'm hoping to drum up interest in a get-together, but I won't be able to host it bc I'll be out of town until Friday evening. In past years we've toured DBG after the sale, then reconvened at a host's house for a potluck lunch and plant/seed swap. I can let you know what's planned, we're not all on Dave's any more.
Trish
Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 6, 2010
5:19 PM

Post #8084172

Trish,

On Friday I will be getting a new exhaust system put on the truck and then I have other business to take care of in the Denver area. Friday evening I will be staying at a college friend's house outside of Elbert. Saturday I will be visiting a friend that just moved back to Longmont from Vermont after several years...I am afraid the weekend is already filled up. :(

Sonny
pejiduta8
Denver, CO
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2010
11:52 AM

Post #8096851

If there will be a similar gathering in the spring, I might be able to tag along. Hopefully by then I will have bought a house and will have a better idea of what plants to shop for. Thanks for the invite!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Rocky Mountain Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anybody growing vegetables in the Rockies? pajaritomt 166 Jun 25, 2007 3:26 PM
Invasive for the rest of the country still invasive here? MQN 33 May 28, 2007 6:36 AM
Milkweed - Asclepias seeds? hello85 3 Aug 14, 2007 10:15 PM
Greenhouse GMan13 126 Mar 5, 2007 10:48 PM
This might brighten you up......(continued) ginger749 162 Jan 3, 2012 12:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America