Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

DBG sale Sep 25

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

The Fall plant sale at Denver Botanic Gardens takes place Saturday Sep. 25 this year. Member-only shopping starts at 8am and I plan to be there. My membership allows 5 guests, so anyone who wants to join me let me know and we'll meet. For the uninitiated, the Fall sale is much smaller than the Spring sale, with a large variety of Brent & Becky's bulbs, and lots of plants dug out of the gardens of premier gardeners. Panayoti Kelaidis, Mike Bone, and volunteers are usually hanging around, available to anyone with questions or wanting plant suggestions. The goodies go fast, so early shopping is highly recommended.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

That sounds like a great place to shop! Wish we lived closer to that area. As it is, their plants would do so much better here, than plants bought at a big box store, at our altitude. lol

Glenwood Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Trish,

I am planning on being out on the front range that weekend. I have enough things to do & people to see to justify the trip. I would love to meet a few of you folks!
Sonny

PS: Russian Sage, Blue Spires went on sale today at High Country Gardens. It was the plant I was looking for to anchor (literally) my bed expansion.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2010 5:47 PM

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi Sonny,
Do you think you'll be in town early enough to join us at the sale? I'm hoping to drum up interest in a get-together, but I won't be able to host it bc I'll be out of town until Friday evening. In past years we've toured DBG after the sale, then reconvened at a host's house for a potluck lunch and plant/seed swap. I can let you know what's planned, we're not all on Dave's any more.
Trish

Glenwood Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Trish,

On Friday I will be getting a new exhaust system put on the truck and then I have other business to take care of in the Denver area. Friday evening I will be staying at a college friend's house outside of Elbert. Saturday I will be visiting a friend that just moved back to Longmont from Vermont after several years...I am afraid the weekend is already filled up. :(

Sonny

Denver, CO(Zone 5a)

If there will be a similar gathering in the spring, I might be able to tag along. Hopefully by then I will have bought a house and will have a better idea of what plants to shop for. Thanks for the invite!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.