Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
patientgardener
Bridgeville, PA

August 30, 2010
10:49 AM

Post #8070674

A friend just gave me a fabulous gift -- a "Grandpa's Weeder". I believe she found it on the QVC home shopping channel ( which also has a website) but I am not sure. The name of the tool is imprinted on it. I am crazy about it! I go out there everyday just so I can pull up another few weeds with it. You stand upright with it, center the very sturdy prongs around the stem of the weed, put your foot on a lever jutting out to the side, push the lever down to the ground and then tilt the long handle over to the side and the WHOLE WEED comes out of the ground!! Long roots, thin roots, thickie roots -- right up out of the ground. I have a healed but very bothersome old hip fracture and thus some general mobility difficulties. I also happen to be one of those fools who actually likes to weed (so-o-o gratifying) but can only get down to their level on very, very good days anymore. This tool is perfect for those of us who are in our second youth now. (AARP says old is the new young). I have those other things mentioned in this wonderful article,like the long handled weeders and the tractor seat cart, but this new toy is just incredibly useful and so painless. Plus it is easy to drag out and go with it when you have only a little time to spend in the garden.. Wanted to just pass this on. If I verify where it was purchased, I will come back and add the info.
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2010
11:20 AM

Post #8070732

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'll have to give it a try.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Sitting While You Garden, Stools and Tools Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great information! critterologist 7 Feb 17, 2010 7:03 PM
Well done, Cathy! doccat5 8 Feb 11, 2013 12:03 PM
Tools rastus 0 Feb 11, 2008 6:34 PM
Dear Kathy...this is so helpful to me! thethorinator 1 Feb 10, 2010 4:36 AM
Very Interesting! scraps 1 Feb 11, 2010 12:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America