Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps Conservatory: How beautiful!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps Conservatory
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps ConservatoryReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA
(Zone 8a)

August 30, 2010
1:41 PM

Post #8070979

Jill, having also grown up in Pittsburgh, one of my favorite places was Phipps Conservatory. When I lived there, it was the only place to see flowers in the winter. I wish I had seen the exhibit, but your pictures are certainly the next best thing! The pieces would be stunning lit up at night. I have to find a way to see them "in person" Thanks for the tour, and the little bit of home.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 30, 2010
1:51 PM

Post #8070993

You're welcome! I'm so glad I was able to get up there while the exhibit was running, and I'm going to try to get there at night this winter. I'm pretty sure that big mobile by the entrance is permanently installed, and I think my favorite big piece (that green thing in the huge urn) also got donated.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps Conservatory Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
chihuly Dutchlady1 45 Jan 1, 2013 12:24 PM
Glass art surfcat 3 Feb 12, 2008 9:50 PM
Breathtaking! roxxanne 5 Dec 31, 2012 4:18 PM
Beautifull Glass art in the garden . Blucile 3 Sep 3, 2010 9:47 AM
Mardi Gras colors... Gymgirl 5 Aug 31, 2010 7:58 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America