Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps Conservatory: Mardi Gras colors...

Communities > Forums > Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps Conservatory
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps ConservatoryReplies: 5, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

August 30, 2010
1:54 PM

Post #8070998

Um,
I'm from New Orleans.
Mardi Gras is in my blood.
Mardi Gras colors are "KB purple, green, and gold..."
Yah gotta be from there to understand what color "KB purple" is...

WONDERFUL ARTICLE!!!

Linda

^^_^^ (me, jumping up and down yellin' "thro me somethin', Mister!", then, catching a pair of Mardi Gras beads)

This message was edited Aug 30, 2010 2:55 PM
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 30, 2010
2:02 PM

Post #8071011

Looked like quite a riot of color to me in that exhibit, but I can't swear the "right" purple was involved. I've been to New Orleans, but not for Mardi Gras, sadly... but I have thrown a couple of Fat Tuesday parties!

Glad you enjoyed the article. Thanks!

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

August 30, 2010
2:31 PM

Post #8071060

I wish we had stuff like that here in Houston. Maybe we do. Your article encourages me to go find out if we do!

Some things in New Orleans border on being a "religion." Any purple but "KB purple" is like substituting Boone's Farm for the communion wine in the Roman Catholic church!

Then they dispatch the tree roaches to hunt you down like a dog...
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 30, 2010
4:51 PM

Post #8071284

No, no, anything but the tree roaches! LOL
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2010
8:30 PM

Post #8071827

I would love to own just a small piece of chihuly, amazing gift with glass and color. Now tree roaches are a different sotry, but it reminds me of girl scout camp outs and my girls. :D
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2010
7:58 AM

Post #8072448

I've seen his work for sale a couple of times, but even the "small" pieces were pretty much beyond my range... and I have a klutzy cat, so... LOL

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps Conservatory Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
chihuly Dutchlady1 45 Jan 1, 2013 12:24 PM
Glass art surfcat 3 Feb 12, 2008 9:50 PM
Breathtaking! roxxanne 5 Dec 31, 2012 4:18 PM
Beautifull Glass art in the garden . Blucile 3 Sep 3, 2010 9:47 AM
How beautiful! NanuBunny 1 Aug 30, 2010 1:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America