Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: A Hardy Garden Perennial that Flowers Like an Orchid: Melittis

Communities > Forums > Article: A Hardy Garden Perennial that Flowers Like an Orchid
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Hardy Garden Perennial that Flowers Like an OrchidReplies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
OUTSTANDING
Saint Louis, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 30, 2010
2:21 PM

Post #8071050

I bought two plants at a nursery in St. Louis County two years ago. Several nurseries here carry them. They are planted close to each other in full sun, but get watered regularly in the summer. They bloomed the first year, but this spring and early summer they had spread together making a good sized clump and were spectatular. They do resemble and orchid. but so what! (We grow about 30 orchids also.) Melittis is a beautiful plant. Unfortunately I did not photograph it this summer, but I will next year.
LarryR
South Amana, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #8071485

Thanks, outstanding, for sharing your positive experience with Melittis. I'd love to see a photo when it's in bloom next year.

Larry☼

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Hardy Garden Perennial that Flowers Like an Orchid Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks for inroduction Fitsy 1 Aug 30, 2010 11:01 AM
Melittis-B.B. chibearpltluver 1 Aug 30, 2010 10:50 AM
I like it! cybercrone 3 Sep 7, 2010 8:53 AM
Melittis Clland 1 Aug 30, 2010 1:16 PM
Mellitis mertonpark 1 Sep 1, 2010 12:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America