Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Passifloras: Passiflora lutea blooms!!!!!

Communities > Forums > Passifloras
bookmark
Forum: PassiflorasReplies: 20, Views: 141
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 3, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #8079106

I got a couple little rooted cuttings from P. lutea last year. This year, they came up, are climbing and finally blooming. Will I get seeds?

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Click the image for an enlarged view.

KayJones
Lee's Summit, MO
(Zone 6a)

September 4, 2010
11:19 AM

Post #8080073

Oooohhhhh, that is PRETTY!
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 4, 2010
8:29 PM

Post #8080871

Thanks, Kay. It's only about a foot tall for the 2nd year and I am enchanted. If I can get it large enough, can root & send you a cutting next year. Maybe a trade or something, I would love to get Incense, which, I believe, is hardy here like P. incarnata. Have a great holiday weekend.
KayJones
Lee's Summit, MO
(Zone 6a)

September 5, 2010
4:19 AM

Post #8081162

I don't have P. incense but I do have P. incarnata 'alba', which is white.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 5, 2010
6:00 AM

Post #8081256

Mmmm. Sounds tempting. We'll wait until next year when they come up to take a cutting, ok?
KayJones
Lee's Summit, MO
(Zone 6a)

September 5, 2010
10:21 AM

Post #8081613

I don't do well with cuttings. I trade rooted plants only.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 5, 2010
5:29 PM

Post #8082190

That's what I mean't: rooted cutting. Thanks
KayJones
Lee's Summit, MO
(Zone 6a)

September 5, 2010
6:57 PM

Post #8082344

The incarnata suckers a lot, so just let me know - they won't be rooted cuttings - I will dig you a vine from the ground.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 5, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #8082414

Next year will be fine. Getting too cold here to put new stuff in the ground. Ok>
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

August 28, 2012
10:05 PM

Post #9257850

Hi Kay, sorry I forgot about the P. lutea last year. I am trying to root some for you. p.s. My P. incarnata are all over the place. What other Passiflora do you have? Thanks, Judy
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 30, 2012
4:15 AM

Post #9259038

Beautiful! I only have one passiflora, the beautiful red one I had from last year died. I have to take mine in during winter, how do you overwinter yours? I keep mine in pots when I take them out in spring, guess I would do better to put them directly in the ground?

Thumbnail by haighr   Thumbnail by haighr         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2013
12:20 PM

Post #9415620

Since I posted this thread 2 years ago, my P. lutea is producing seeds and I also brought back seeds from a larger Passionflower lutea that I found growing in Central Va. Haighr, if you will be at the mid atlantic seed swap in Frederick, Md this Saturday, I can bring you some seeds. Both Passifloras are hardy here in Carlisle and I leave them in the ground to overwinter. I have not tried growing the Larger Lutea from Va but I will try that this summer. I have not tried to dig up the P. lutea that is already established but I will research it to see if it suckers like the incarnata. If it does, it does not send runners very far from the parent plant like the incarnata does. I have P. jeannette in the greenhouse and it bloomed its little head off inside the fenced in veggie garden last year.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2013
3:15 AM

Post #9418541

I'll be there and would love to try growing from seed!
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

February 15, 2013
6:15 PM

Post #9420391

Ok, I'll put a pack in your bag with your name on it. Judy
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2013
5:08 AM

Post #9420667

Thanks my friend!
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 15, 2013
11:30 AM

Post #9709647

Haigher, I don't know if you ever received my P. lutea seeds because, as you well know, I fell, dislocated my shoulder & broke my rotator cuff in that restaurant, but after a rather painful summer of physical therapy, I am 98% healed now. Not sure if I want to go to that February swap anymore. I'm not blaming anybody but I'm scared to go in there. Sure glad my husband went with me & I didn't go by myself. That would have been baaaaad. Anyway, if you still want them, I can send you some of each. Have a happy & blessed Thanksgiving. Buttoneer
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2013
4:47 AM

Post #9711537

I am so happy to hear you are doing much better! It was awful to see you fall like that and then so much pain. I wouldn't want to return there either. I doubt I will go again myself. It is a lot of fun, but I never seem to have any luck with the seeds I bring home and it seems a loss for me to get them and have them be wasted.
I did get a few P, lutea seeds from someone and didnt' have any luck starting them, so just bought a couple plants which are now inside for winter.
Have a wonderful holiday season, thanks for thinking of me,
Candee
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 19, 2013
11:14 AM

Post #9712453

Hi Candee. Bobbin & I will be set up at the Kris Kringle Craft Show this coming weekend 11/23 (9-5) amd 11/24 (9-4) at the Hagerstown Community College (Athletic Recreation, and Community Center at 11400 Robinwood Drive (off route 40) Hagerstown, Md. Would love to see you & then you could see everything we make. Tell your friends about it. We will be in space # 120. ((((hugs)))) Judy (Buttoneer)
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 21, 2013
4:44 AM

Post #9713504

Sounds like a plan to me Judy. We planned to go check things out. We have thought about getting a space there, but never have. We do the Ft. Richie show 4 times a year. The next one is 12/6 and we will be there.
We are going to the cabin on Saturday, but will stop over in the morning and check tings out. We are only about 1 mile from there!
What do you sell???
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 6, 2013
7:33 PM

Post #9722997

Hi Candee. Now you know what I make & sell, Tell me about the Fort Richie show. Is that a good show for you? What do you make & sell? It was great seeing you. Thanks for stopping by. I know all those people were getting to you. Judy
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2013
4:02 AM

Post #9723085

Ft. Richie Community Center does 3 shows a year and those are the only ones we do. Today is the Christmas Craft show. I make a lot of crochet including Standing Angels, and much more which all sells well and I do clay accessories, clay bud vases and minature gardens, Steve does all kinds of woodworking from adirondack chairs to signs and deer antler back scratchers. The inice thing for us is that it isn't juried so we can take all kinds of crafts rather than just 2. We make everything ourselves and it is always a fun day. We generally make a few hundred dollars, enough to buy more material to make more stuff.
I'll post a pic later of our set up.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
Am I blue? Ginger_H 6 Aug 16, 2008 6:19 PM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America