Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

That's all I know, but there are several with that name. Can you help? :)

Thumbnail by tiG

Antigonon?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

you are sooooooo good:)

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Is this thing new to you, or have you been growing it for a while? this spring I got a big hunk of Coral Vine root in trade---never came up. Got seeds, germination was about 30%, and they never grew off. What's the trick? I've seen pics of coral vine and I WANT it. What am I doing wrong?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I got this in trade too. I will try to root you some.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Me, too, MsBatt. I've loved that vine all my life and saw it growing everywhere, with little or no care. But my attempts have all met with failure. They germinated reluctantly, then bit the dust after a few weeks. I've never tried cuttings or rooted transplants, but the seeds look like they should be easier than they are. When you find out the secret, please share. Last night on my way back from meds in Austin, I stopped and picked some seeds at a house being remodeled. The garden is going to be levelled for parking, and it breaks my heart, so I want to perpetuate what a former loving gardener started.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Coral vine is difficult to get started but once it takes off, watch out! Mine is about 40 feet up my neighbors oak tree! I have had best luck sharing by digging up "volunteers" and potting them up for awhile. I also have seed if anyone is interested.

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

I did find that the germinated better if I nicked and soaked the seeds, but they still didn't GROW. I had understoond they were a 'carefree' vine, but maybe that's after they're well-established. How much sun/water/heat/etc. do they need to get started? Anybody know? And tiG, you're SO nice!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.