Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Roll out the barrel, the rain barrel that is!: great article

Communities > Forums > Article: Roll out the barrel, the rain barrel that is!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Roll out the barrel, the rain barrel that is!Replies: 0, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Agua
Princeton, NJ

September 9, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #8089046

Great article. Unfortunately I'm not a very handy person so I had to buy a rain barrel. After doing quite a bit of research I got a rain barrel from EarthMinded and I am very happy with it. It holds about 60 gallons. It comes with what they call a “Flexifit Diverter”, which diverts water from the downspout to the rain barrel and allows excess water to pass through the downspout. You can lock the opening lid if you want to, which is also great cause it keeps out mosquitoes etc.

It also comes with a spigot which allows you to fill a watering can etc. and there is also a drain that you can attach your garden hose to. It’s also an easy way to empty the barrel in winter. They also provide a winter hole cover so I don’t have to worry about the hole looking ugly in winter :)

One of their products is 100% recycled while others are 30% recycled, which as an environmentally conscious person, is very important to me and puts my mind at ease.

You can buy them from their website (http://earthminded.com ), but they also list authorized resellers that sell them. You can get better deals from some of these resellers ($40-50 off), so I would check them out.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Roll out the barrel, the rain barrel that is! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great read, one question though astcgirl 6 Apr 7, 2008 9:13 PM
Good and timely article Dutchlady1 1 Mar 20, 2008 7:16 PM
great flowrgirl1 0 Mar 20, 2008 4:18 PM
Question re: winter gabagoo 7 Aug 27, 2009 12:55 AM
For the unhandyman edgeoftheworld 1 Mar 21, 2008 8:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America