Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Oleanders: Yellow Oleander

Communities > Forums > Oleanders
bookmark
Forum: OleandersReplies: 4, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

September 9, 2010
10:17 PM

Post #8090303

I have ordered some Oleanders from Turners Gardenland. Mr. Turner hybridizes the Turner Oleanders.

On the phone, during the ordering process I requested the Meggie T, which is yellow. She checked with Turner Sr. and was told it was not yet available, even though on the web site, because it is not patented yet. I asked when that would be done and they had no date. Their toll free number is on their website. I will call once a month to see how the patent is coming. They have no double blooms and had no source for double blooms.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 10, 2010
7:43 AM

Post #8090732

Woodlander's has a double yellow oleander--is that the one you were looking for? http://www.woodlanders.net/index.cfm?fuseaction=plants.plantDetail&plant_id=459 I think I've seen it a few other places too but can't remember where off the top of my head.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

September 10, 2010
11:21 AM

Post #8091114

Thanks you very much.
lovetropics
Scottsdale, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 11, 2010
8:22 AM

Post #8092798

Hi Sharon,
are you looking for the ones with fragrance only or any double yellow? If you are into fragrance like I am, it is always a good idea to call them and make sure it has fragrance before buying it. I know almost eden has a double yellow too but theirs does not have fragrance.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

September 11, 2010
8:13 PM

Post #8093788

Woodland's above in their description says the oleander is fragrant. My problem, was I started wandering on the site and spent over $200. They also have a double pink, both one gallon for $15.00.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Oleanders Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Oleander Forum! melody 7 Aug 1, 2010 9:02 AM
Show us your Oleanders brical1 46 Aug 22, 2010 11:11 PM
My special treasured seedlings brical1 43 Jul 31, 2012 8:07 PM
new forum MickeyAz 0 Aug 4, 2010 10:13 AM
New Photos-Arizona MickeyAz 3 Aug 15, 2010 1:49 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America