Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Soil and Composting: Help Dealing with Waterlogged Soils (Containers)

Communities > Forums > Soil and Composting
bookmark
Forum: Soil and CompostingReplies: 4, Views: 98
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

tapla

tapla
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2010
12:00 PM

Post #8093094

I have posted a thread that contains some tips that I think have at least the potential to become part of the bag of tricks container gardeners employ to deal with heavy (water-retentive soils). I didn't want to post it on multiple forums, so I posted where I'm most at home - the Container Gardening Forum. For those that might already know everything I shared, I apologize, but I'm most interested in helping those who are struggling with waterlogged soils and want/need some relief. The embedded link below will take you to the thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1128179/

I am posting this message on a few forums in the hope that those who read it will feel it merits sending growers struggling with water retention issues in containers over for a read as you come across them in your forum adventures.

Al

This message was edited Sep 14, 2010 4:57 PM

Thumbnail by tapla
Click the image for an enlarged view.

jdbell
Flower Mound, TX

September 12, 2010
5:44 AM

Post #8094268

Tapla -

Spread your knowledge far and wide and don't worry about repetition. You have now become one of the top 3 reasons I pay to subscribe to this site.

Thanks for your help.

JD

tapla

tapla
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

September 12, 2010
7:17 AM

Post #8094397

I don't know what to say, other than 'What a kind compliment'. Thank you very much.

Al

Thumbnail by tapla
Click the image for an enlarged view.

GardenSox
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2010
1:40 PM

Post #8099065

Hey Al, your link just took me to the container gardening forum. Is this the thread you wanted to link to?: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1128179/

tapla

tapla
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #8099191

That's the one. ;o) I messed up - sorry. I edited/corrected the OP. Thanks!

Al

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Soil and Composting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Clay poppysue 16 Oct 21, 2013 3:56 PM
Free compost, myth or truth JaiMarye 14 Oct 27, 2010 6:58 AM
Who Bakes Dirt 76summerwind 29 Apr 4, 2008 6:22 PM
sterilizing options tiG 22 Mar 29, 2008 7:47 PM
Soil & Fertilizer: Compost Tea SoCal 119 Mar 5, 2008 11:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America