Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday Funnies: This reminds me...

Communities > Forums > Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday Funnies
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday FunniesReplies: 3, Views: 59
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Kat_M
Merced, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #8094488

This reminds me of the time I hooked that monster largemouth bass. Musta been 40lb. at least! It was so big I had to battle that beast for four hours before I finally wore 'em down enough to reel 'em in. Had 'em right up to the boat and darned if that ornery critter wasn't just cat nappin'! I swear it gave me the wickedest wink before it gave a saucy flip of that mighty tail and wiggled right off the hook!
soive2000
Austin, TX

September 13, 2010
5:23 AM

Post #8096151

cute, and well written

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2010
5:27 AM

Post #8096155

Excellent!
Kat_M
Merced, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2010
9:17 AM

Post #8096612

My father lived for fishing. I remember one time when we were at a family gathering and Dad started telling my uncle about a "big one that got away". It started out as a six pounder, then later when he told the story to another family member it became an eight pounder. My mom and I predicted that the next time he told the story it would become a 10 pounder. Sure enough, the next family member he told the story to, it became a 10 pounder!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday Funnies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
neat randbponder 2 Sep 12, 2010 1:10 PM
shhhh be bery quiet! soive2000 1 Sep 13, 2010 5:27 AM
I can't move. I'm so stuffed. mcreager 1 Sep 13, 2010 5:36 AM
Bait beceoh 1 Sep 13, 2010 6:06 AM
"Family-friendly quote or description" tcfromky 4 Sep 14, 2010 6:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America