Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Watering Palms: Another helpful article

Communities > Forums > Article: Watering Palms
bookmark
Forum: Article: Watering PalmsReplies: 1, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Clare_CA

(Zone 10b)

September 12, 2010
9:27 AM

Post #8094609

Hi Geoff, do you happen to know whether Ravenea glauca will do okay if planted near a soaker hose? A lot of my plants and trees are on drippers, but I do have some soaker hoses in one particular area where I would like to plant two of my Dwarf Majesty Palms.

I had to smile at your mentioning of the value of staring at one's plants. It had to be said;-)

Looking forward to your future article on fertilizing palms.

Just a side note -- I've been afraid to water my cycads since I planted them, and they seem to be getting sunburn on the leaves. They are not on drip or anything. I have my fingers crossed that the new leaves will be able to take the sun at my place and that they are just acclimating. I don't suppose you would be willing to write an article on watering cycads. LOL!

Thanks,
Clare

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

September 12, 2010
2:29 PM

Post #8095110

How you water your cycad will not affect leaf burn, but a new leaf coming open when it's hot will usually acclimate it OK... however, when it gets super hot here (over 110F) most of my cycads burn, too. Doesn't really hurt them any, though

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Watering Palms Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
recommendations? carrielamont 4 Sep 1, 2008 8:26 AM
I never thought about watering a palm CoreHHI 0 Sep 1, 2008 3:54 AM
Palms in Greece lindosvilla 0 Sep 1, 2008 9:56 AM
watering palms santarem 1 Sep 1, 2008 3:59 PM
Wow bowhows 0 Sep 1, 2008 2:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America