Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate!: critters

Communities > Forums > Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate!Replies: 0, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Lindablu99
Woodstock, NY

September 13, 2010
7:53 AM

Post #8096434

I live in the NE, zone 6, in an area with loads of critters, big and small. The list you presented is interesting...I think the deer around me have developed very wide palates. They've eaten my astilbe, rudibeckia (they love it), peonies, butterfly bush, spirea, marigolds, and many other plants they're not supposed to eat! Oh well...also, I've definitely had chipmunks who eat plants down to the dirt, and they have feasted on my strawberries! I get upset but then I have to say, they were all here before me!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Outwitting Backyard Creatures: Bulbs & Plants They Hate! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
dear little creatures Fitsy 0 May 5, 2008 11:51 AM
take black-eyed susans off your list blackthumb1101 2 Jun 22, 2008 3:03 AM
rabbits eat more on this list! artinthegarden 13 Sep 17, 2010 9:24 AM
Deer Resistant plants always of interest tabasco 1 Sep 13, 2010 6:08 AM
Bushy tails, rats on stilts & voles al448789 1 May 6, 2008 1:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America