Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

SOLVED: Mystery Tree (Better picture)

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I have no clue what this is but i was told it's not crabapple. Any ideas? I've tried to take a better picture

Thumbnail by flowox
Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Although I haven't seen them growing for many years, this reminds me of mayhaw. It grows in swamps, sloughs and backwaters in parts of La. and Ms. I wouldn't have thought it would thrive in your area, but maybe so. One of you Cajun cousins, am I just too senile or could this be? If so, it makes jelly that is food for the gods.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

That's interesting. It's not really swampy here at all. Although I did find out that this whole town was built on a swamp. I don't know but these trees are growing everywhere around my neighborhood

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I looked up mayhaw and the berries have more of a shape that a bell pepper would have, you know the indentations. Anyway, the berries on this tree are round, no indentation on the outside at all. I don't know if I'm making sense here. I hope I am

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Does anyone else have any input on this tree. I would appreciate it very much. Thanks

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

How about cherry?

Brenda

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

No, it's not cherry, I know that for sure. I do know that the birds love to eat the berries.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.