Photo by Melody

Article: Aunt Bett and the Delicate Art of Swooning: Borage: Sharon, Sharon...I can't get enough!!

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett and the Delicate Art of Swooning: Borage
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett and the Delicate Art of Swooning: BorageReplies: 4, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
thethorinator
Clinton, MA
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #8097379

Hello Sharon,
Thor here again to compliment you on such a descriptive and comedic piece of work! I sometimes think that you are always trying to outdo yourself which each consecutive article! I find the words, the visions they invoke, and the way they emote feelings in me that take me back to your childhood and almost makes me wish I had lived in your time period and with an "Aunt Bett" to guide me through the world of "folk" medicine and herbal wonderment that you experienced as a young girl. Did you keep a journal of the goings-on with your aunt and the various stories of just a mental diary of sorts? I ask simply because, other than myself (and I'm only 39), I didn't think anyone could remember events from their early-mid childhood so well. If you ever compile these stories into a collection or small book, count me in as someone who would enjoy getting your amazing writing to peruse.

Here's a little garden (Eggplant/Peppers) picture that I thought might make you smile since everything I grow goes directly to the local food pantry and I am nearing 1/2-way to actually having my non-profit [501(c)3] fully vetted by the Feds. I am most excited since all the funding we have gotten up to now has been friends, Church members, and even family!! Having access to more corporate funding will be really exciting because we can do so much with so little! Now, I am trying to purchase some Greensand or Azomite to spread on the gardens before things freeze for the winter as the funds have been depleted ($350 for the Year), unfortunately. Hey, my God does come through to make nutritious food accessible to those who generally receive only the least nutritious of vegetables and fruits, CANNED. Talk to you soon!

:::Smile:::

Yours Most Sincerely,
Thor

Thumbnail by thethorinator
Click the image for an enlarged view.

cfbloom
Marengo, IL

September 13, 2010
6:51 PM

Post #8097687

Good stuff. I agree with thethorinator. I'll buy the second copy.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2010
9:14 PM

Post #8097974

Thor,
It's so good to hear from you again, and to hear of your great success. I hope it continues so you get the help you deserve. You are doing a good thing and helping so many.

I kept lots of diaries, I kept pictures, I kept tons of scrapbooks, and when my mother passed, I got them all back. Boxes and boxes of them. The more I write the more I remember. One time my uncle told me that I must have a photographic memory because I could describe to him the gifts that he and his wife gave me for my birthday when I was only 4, the year they married. But I can also describe the rubber ball that he gave me when I was 2. I thought everybody could do that.

I do appreciate your words, and if my stories trigger a memory or two for you, then I've done what I'm supposed to do. It's readers like you and CFBloom and all the others who make the writing worthwhile. I'm getting old now, and it's important to me that what I learned be taught to someone else.

I told a story about Marbles recently, things we played before TV came into our lives. Simple things, but they were important at the time.

So thank you, both of you, for letting me know that you read what I write. I'll keep on writing if you'll keep on reading.

Be well and very best to you.
bookwormer401
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

September 14, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #8099266

We'll definitely keep reading - and I definitely want to pre-order a book!!
: )
Anita
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2010
5:02 PM

Post #8099432

Got you on my list, Anita!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett and the Delicate Art of Swooning: Borage Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blue irisMA 17 Sep 22, 2010 4:21 PM
great story plantfreak78 3 Sep 7, 2010 4:15 PM
borage daphnep 7 Sep 10, 2010 9:16 AM
My favorite 3pmp 1 Sep 13, 2010 3:25 PM
...does borage grow wild? bookwormer401 7 Sep 14, 2010 5:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America