Photo by Melody

Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict: On a lesser scale, been there, done that

Communities > Forums > Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
bookmark
Forum: Article: True Confessions of a Gardening AddictReplies: 0, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sheryl333
Jackson, CA

September 15, 2010
9:58 AM

Post #8100601

Hi Jeremy,

What a great, well written saga. I felt such a connection to what you were going through, as I started down that road on a lesser scale with weekly deliveries of plants from a grocery store that were brought into a senior center that I worked at. The sad conditions of those orphans just cry out for someone to take them home and take care of them. I was even looking forward to having the extra pots from those that I knew weren't going to make it, as my seed starting parties always brought more plants than I had soil and pots for, and that I still had to find a home for in the yard, or give away. I am in recovery mode now, though, as time and energy aren't what they used to be, and I would like to leave the house every once in awhile, instead of tending to the garden always. Your job at the zoo sounds wonderful, though, as at least you get to still be involved with plants. Keep up the great work spreading plants around to those that would like them, like at schools, etc. I'll be looking forward to your future articles.

Thanks,

Sheryl

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant Addicts Unite! chrissy100 35 Oct 29, 2007 1:19 AM
Jeremy, what a saga! Happy_1 11 Oct 28, 2007 3:09 PM
By request: Enlargeable photos - 1 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 4:54 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 2 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 3 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America