KENTUCKY ROUNDUP 2010

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

The KYRU was a rip roaring success. The weather was perfect and the food was out of this world. We were a happy group indeed and had bookoodles of fun. For those of you who were unable to attend here are a few pictures for your enjoyment. There will be others who will post theirs following mine. I didn't take many but they will get this thread rolling.
Keith was in good voice as always and we loved hearing him sing. Everyone joined in quietly as he sang, "How Great Thou Art".

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Keith and Al got a chance to sing together again after almost a year of not seeing each other or practicing. They thought they were a bit rusty but as always they sounded good.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

As always, dear sweet Bertha brought her wonderful gourmet foods that were consumed with joy by the eager group. We always have some great cooks who attend the KYRU and we never suffer for lack of great food.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Bernie was enjoying the day so much that I hated to disturb him. I don't know if it was the music that had him so charmed or the football game. I suspect it might have been the game.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Lisa brought her precious two legged rescue dog with her once again this year. What a LUCKY dog to have such a dotting owner as Lisa taking care of her on a 24/7 hour basis year round.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Speaking of wonderful dogs, here is my grand-dog Carly. This precious dog should be the mascot for all of our roundups since she has never missed one yet. Everyone loves Carly and well they should. There has never been a more perfect dog than this one on planet earth.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

The day and the roundup were almost over and this was one tired dog grabbing a few needed winks under the supper table.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Esther and Bob are always involved with everything that is going on but here they are taking a needed break before getting ready to eat the Saturday evening meal.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

KYgreg and his lovely wife Janet added greatly to the overall success of the roundup. Their beautiful and talented granddaughter attended with them. I didn't start taking pictures until after she left for the day but hopefully someone else will have her picture to post. Here is Greg getting a bit of rest after a fun filled day.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

The craft project for the day was hand dying silk scarves and Melody was the very competent instructor. I didn't get any photos of the finished products but someone else who did will post some of those in this thread later. They all turned out to be so beautiful once they were finished. Here are Melody, Virginia and Lisa completing their projects.

That's all the photos I have folks so someone else can continue this thread.

As they used to write in the community columns of small town newspapers, "...And a good time was had by all."

Thumbnail by Elena
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Ellen!

Nice shots of great people! Good going.

Will be watching for more pics from others.

Shoe

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

As you can see, Ellen, I found the pictures! Great photos, and memories of the one that we attended in 2008. Sure hope we can make it next year. Will it be about the same time?

Love to all,

Bonnie

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Since we didn't talk about any change in dates, I would assume that you are correct about it being about the third weekend in September again next year. We really missed you guys who couldn't get there this year. Hopefully we will have all of you missing regulars back next year. It just didn't seem right without you guys there. I hope some of our other picture taking folk will come along pretty soon and post some more pictures to add to my small amount.

Crossville, TN

OK...Fess up...where's the fudge? I hope I can be there next year....Jo

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

We really missed you, Jo, but it did make it a lot easier on my not having to sneak around you with all of my confiscated fudge.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I have missed the last 2 years, last year because of surprise company, and this year because I am still not back to 100% from my illness this spring. The drive down and back would have just taken so much out of my recovery. Sorry to miss it, but I hope that by next year, I am healthy and have extra strength, so I can spare some for the RU.

Great pics, so far. I just love seeing all the folks. I had you in my heart.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

We missed you defoe. We will be counting on your being there next year, ok?

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Elena, I am praying that it will all work out so that I can. I miss you guys terribly. I wondered this week end, who has taken my place in the kitchen helping Melody out? Well, they better just scoot on down and let me reclaim my rightful place there, as Mel's # 1 Kitchen helper!! Bertha looks like a take charge person, maybe she took my place!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Here's our group picture.

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Gary (KYGreg2000) brought a green tomato cake!

Everyone agreed that it was delicious.

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

The door prizes are always fun...Al got a tie dye tee shirt.

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Gary got a garden hat with a tomato print hat band.

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Bob is helping Esther decide on a silk scarf

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Virginia got a cool autumn door decoration.

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Gary brought a rainbow of cherry tomatoes.

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Bob and Esther brought eggplants, squash, cucumber, tomatoes and bitter melon.

Esther also brought dried cucumber slices that were absolutely delicious!

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Our craft activity was dyeing silk scarves.

We had a ball with this...and everyone had professional looking results.

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Esther and Janet working on their scarves.

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

See how nice they all turned out???

Thumbnail by melody
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Bertha's was absolutely stunning

Thumbnail by melody
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Oh, I was so looking forward to doing one of those scarves! They are gorgeous!

Crossville, TN

As to the group photo: Not a stranger in the crowd...BUT....where is Sally...where is Jesse...where is Shoe...where is Doug...where are the 2 Bonnies...shucks./...WHERE AM I!!??? Jo

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Sally and Jesse had some serious fishing to do and we only saw them when they scampered in for food.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Sally and Jesse were fishing most of the time. KYGreg's darling granddaughter had already left for the day to go back home to something she needed to attend. Her boyfriend came for her to take her back home to Hopkinsville. That was 4 of our people wheo were missing from the picture. You, Jo, and Shoe were with us in spirit for sure as were Nanubunny and defoecat.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I gotta get a life...

Great pics! Thanks, Mel! (Folks, I would've tie-dyed a scarf right along with ya'll in a heartbeat. Why, I remember the time I was running at night through a trailer park in Florida, being chased by a one-legged chicken, and ran into a clothes line chock full of scarves. You won't believe it but, but...well, I'd much rather be in one of Melody's teaching classes than live thru that again.)

Fantastic group pic. No doubt about it, ya'll did good!

Shoe

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Somehow Shoe, knowing you like I do, that story is almost believable. That would be considered a nightmare if it had happened to someone else but in your case it was reality.
Yes, you would have been doing the scarf project for sure.... and I know that yours would have been absolutely beautiful because everything about you is beautiful.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Bob made a scarf and it was stunning.

We missed the Bonnies and Jo...and Shoe. We need to find a way to get everyone together again...and Stacy too!

The weather was perfect and it was a lovely weekend...only better if all of our friends could have been there.

Crossville, TN

I'll bet I make it next year!! Jo

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Attention everyone who attended roundup and wears glasses: I have a request.
My hubby came home with someone else's eyeglasses so that means someone out there has his.

This message was edited Mar 4, 2011 11:16 PM

Hopkinsville, KY

For the process of elmination, I took no glasses and brought home none. Did you check with housekeeping at Prizer Point to see if they had found any or if they would check the couches in the room to see if they had fallen through. Or maybe you all did that during your search.

Thanks to all for the good time and great eats.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images