Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Invaders: Virginia Creeper: Not for small gardens/shared borders...

Communities > Forums > Article: The Invaders: Virginia Creeper
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Invaders: Virginia CreeperReplies: 0, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cabngirl
Sonoma, CA

September 20, 2010
2:40 PM

Post #8110231

To my dismay, my rear neighbors planted the vine along "their" fence and it is creeping through and grabbing onto my plantings (fig, apple, grapes etc) and is causing me anxiety whenever I spy a new arm reaching through. I cut and pull it from my apple, the fig seems to deter it somewhat with it's shade, but I fear the vine is only just getting it's "legs". Some days I fantasize about hitting it with some "Killzall" but my neighborly feelings stop me. I suspect they are ignorant as to the nature of it- they also planted some nice flowering cherries which will likely suffer the demise of the creeper and so I hope perhaps it will write it's own death sentence. FWIW too, I knew a woman who bought a home that was almost destroyed by the stuff, it had grown all over stucco exterior and eventually caused or worked through some decay into the walls and consequently became part of a major case of rot. (N Calif/Sonoma).
That said, it looks splendid on big stone walls tho.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Invaders: Virginia Creeper Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Liked the Virginia Creeper article sallyg 20 Mar 27, 2008 4:11 PM
Planted it CompostR 0 Apr 15, 2008 12:40 PM
Virginia Creeper and the Ivy League KGVA 1 May 22, 2008 10:49 PM
I itch just looking at it! susansmith 1 Jun 7, 2009 4:04 AM
I Hate Virginia Creeper!!!!! bivbiv 9 Sep 24, 2010 6:25 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America