LOG CABIN 4

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

new space....came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1118521/#new

log cabins any one??

Thumbnail by barefootT
Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

ooooh, that's a neat pattern! I was thinking about the 'rails and LC' postings and wondered what other block would look good with the LCs... like the color combos too!

yes isn't it gorgeous??!! not mine...just another one of those log pictures I found cruisin' the net.

Lexington Park, MD

I really like the colors . So maple leaf on one side of the log . Mind working .......I think I have a maple leaf block. I may need to try a block and see what happens.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thunder, that is beautiful, love the colors and I can "see" you adapting it to motorcycles, fussy cut.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Ya, Thunder & Mittsy, I'm dying to see that motorcycle fabric made up!! There were some very WILD pieces there!!

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Very cool. I can see using other favorite patterns as the central block of a LC.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

O yes, do you remember where you cruised by it. I have lots of fabric that needs to be fussy cut because the pattern is to big, that would be perfect.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

http://browndogprims.blogspot.com/2009/10/rag-rag-ragand-photos-too.html

Here ya go, no instructions, just pictures!

This site has instructions.
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projects-ideas/throws-wall-hangings/maple-leaf-log-cabins_1.html

This message was edited Sep 22, 2010 9:22 AM

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Linda! got it bookmarked, can use that one for more Mom placemats!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I think once I get done working on getting my current project quilted, I may just try a few log cabin blocks . . . maybe with the batiks that I've got . . .

Lexington Park, MD

Oh my the colors and sooooo many choices.What to do?

Well ....Mittsy is getting most of the motorcycles, and I am sure she will get something done much quicker than I will.......
I do have some thoughts for the one called dark angel ....

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Here's one that I had come across somewhere for a Stained Glass LC. Not my picture, but may work well with the Batiks.

Thumbnail by FLStu

That is really pretty!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

It is VERY pretty! I better get crackin' on this quilt, so I can start the lc's!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I remember taking a stained glass glass, we did an angel. It was the first time I ever knew of double needles. I thought that was darned near heaven, not having to come up and them down the other side of the bias.

Are the stained glass quilts done with just black fabric between each piece? Why is there bias tape, and why do you need double stitching? I have never done one, so sorry for the questions?

Lexington Park, MD

The stained glass quilt is so beautiful. Looks difficult.

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

The stained glass is not difficult. THe one (not LC) that I did has black as sashing between the material. THis looks like all you really need to do is add a thin liner line of black first, then the color as you go around.s so that you do a black and then a color per side, then the next arm's black , then a color, etc. It probably could also be done sewing a black strip to the color strip, then using those as a unit as you add arms, if you're using one color multiple times. Just means your sewing each arm twice in actuality before you go onto the next side arm

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I did a search, and found the instructions for that block FLStu posted . . . just gotta decide if I want to pay the $.99 for the pdf file . . . it is pretty, though . . .

Lexington Park, MD

I was going over some older threads and some of you were making the diamond shaped logs WOW. The B&W I just finished was my first but these diamonds are amazing. Did I miss pictures ? Are there completed ones? I saw tree skirts beautifully done. WOW

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

there were a few that were trying the pattern out, not sure if anyone made the diamonds into a quilt yet. The center starts with a 60 angle, so it's a little more trying than the square one, but it does lend itself to a beautiful pattern!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I haven't had time to try it - I made too many committments this summer. But now things are quieting down and I may give it a whirl....

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

well, one of my Christmas projects was to make Mom one for her tree, but not sure if I can stay in the sewing room long enough to get it finished.. Hubby finds a way to interrupt, even tho he's not really in the same room LOL

Lexington Park, MD

Ok I tried and am not liking what I am doing. Maybe a bit over my head. Onto something else..........

LK, some stained glass quilts are done as appliqué pieces, and the bias binding is put on over the edges of the pieces, and you sew the bias very close to the edges,on both sides

Thumbnail by barefootT

http://www.qorsite.com/styles/stainedglass/stainedglass.html

cute little stained glass tutorial

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

The double needle worked great for this. But I too, found it to be tedious, I kept holding my breath, and would have to keep stopping just to breathe. It's fun to try new things but we're not all going to like everything. Thanks to the block swaps I will now do triangles, and can breathe quite well while working on them. LOL. Keep smiling and have FUN.

Thunder, are you or anyone here a member of that site? They have a siberian husky quilt, I would love to have, but they are not taking any more memberships, due to illness!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1130136/#new

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Linda, this link kept taking me right back to THIS thread. Don't know if that is an error on your part or an "edit" by staff here on DG.

No , sorry not a member.

Ok, trying one more time...

http://www.qorsite.com/doghouse/siberianhusky/siberianhusky.html

beautiful dog quilt....can you find a picture on google maybe?? that you can enlarge enough to make into appliqué?? or a photo of a dog you know??

In Google, write Siberian Husky in the search window then click on word Image above the window , then hit search. you should get many pictures. Right click on the one you like, click on"save as", name the file, make sure it is a jpeg and save to docs or pictures.. Any office supply can enlarge it for you to what ever size you want.
This is also how to get pictures you want from Face Book or elsewhere.

This message was edited Sep 26, 2010 5:16 PM

I can use my own pictures of our Siberian Husky! I just don't know how to make it into a quilt.

study the one at the quilting site, google others, study them too. enlarge your photos, trace pieces, cut out....you can figure it out I am sure!!!

They have such beautiful coloring. It's very plainly segmented. That's what I would do too. Blow up picture, trace each color area, cut your pieces, applique back together. You CAN do it.

This is our Siberian Husky karoosh. We call him Kooshy for short...

Thumbnail by taters55

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.