It's time to read and vote for your favorite article in the 2013 Write-Off Contest! The four finalist's articles are featured in the May 13 newsletter and can be found through this link. Hurry! Voting ends May 18.
You've found the famous Dave's Garden website! Join this friendly global community that shares tips and ideas for home and gardens, along with seeds and plants!
Check out the DG homepage for a brief overview of what you'll find in this gardening mega-site.
Several of you have asked for another Houseplant swap that can include Tropicals so I thought we'd see how much interest we can garner til mid-October. If we have a dozen or so folks interested, it's a GO.
Our guildelines would be like they were last Spring.
1. Send a minimum of three (3) healthy Houseplants and/or Tropicals whose value doesn't exceed $20 excluding Priority Mail.
2. Feel free to divide plants you already have and value your divisions like they were new plants you'd buy at a nursery. If you're shy on houseplants, now's a great time to take advantage of sales.
3. You may include rooted cuttings and/or bulbs, although these will be considered Bonuses and don't count toward the minimum of the three plants you share.
4. Other optional garden related items could include a water globe, a mini gardening flag, a whimsical garden stake, a pair of gardenerís gloves, plant markers, fertilizer sticks, or a gardening book or magazine.
5. Sign up ends Columbus Day...Monday, October 11th.
6. Names will be assigned Tuesday...October 12th.
7. Priority Mail your package by Halloween, Sunday, October 31st. Sooner if you can out of respect for our Northern and Mid-Western Friends.
8. D-mail your Delivery Confirmation # to me...do NOT post it directly on the thread so we maintain a level of privacy.
9. If you're not in the Addy Exchange and I don't already have your mailing info, D-mail it to me when you sign up.
Feel free to post your likes/wants and dislikes directly on the thread.